Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys - I've been reading this forum for a while now (lurking away in the background) and thought I ought to at least say hello before I posted anything else of more significance. If that ever happens...

I also ought to say thanks to the most prolific writers on here (you know who you are) as these forums have been a wealth of information (and opinion) that I wouldn't have wanted to miss for the world. So far... :)

And just to save you asking about age and colour, I bought my (black) 06 triple back in October, just at the point where the weather round here turned bad (great planning, there). So I've spent most of the winter so far cleaning salt and muck of it and trying to stop it corroding away before it even gets to its first summer... (And I'm 33 and white, if you need to know anything about my age and colour)

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Welcome!

White AND black are slow. Yellow is a dog, and blue... what needs to be said.

I just thought I would try and beat Cheep an this.

And I remember 33. Not well, but I DO remember it.

[ This message was edited by: Devious2XS on 2007-02-05 09:55 ]

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Welcome, Fingers. :-D Just tow the line and ya get to keep 'em all. :razz: :hammer: :-D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How rude of me - I didn't properly introduce my riding companion:

The LSL rearsets, Rizoma mirrors, R&G crash protectors and other bits have been a result of bad weather forcing me into the garage... A nice new exhaust system would be good, but I think she'll have to show me that she can be well behaved first...

And the guy in the dealership assured me that black was quickest, otherwise I'd have gone for yellow (which I have to admit to liking the look of).

·
Registered
480 Posts
Sorry to hear about your color problem, having to settle for the black one that is. And dont worry us yeller one's will wait at the bottom for ya. Any way welcome. :cool:

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
On 2007-02-05 10:09, 24gt wrote:
And dont worry us yeller one's will wait at the bottom for ya. Any way welcome. :cool:
They have to wait at the bottom coz they can't make it up the hill. :-D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm sorry for starting up the 'which is fastest' argument again. From what I've read so far, it's always there under the surface, just waiting to rear its ugly head again... Seriously, some of you guys have issues that you probably ought to address at some point.

As for me, I really don't have a problem with colour. I'd have happily bought any colour at all, as long as it was a Speed Triple.

And as long as it wasn't white. Or green.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
We all have issues, some are just bigger than others - and different colors. :razz:

Want to know what oil, filter, and tires to use?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Want to know what oil, filter, and tires to use?
Not right now, thanks...

Although when or if I do, I'll be sure to start a new topic for each question. That 'search' box looks far too complicated to me.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Welcome Finger,enjoy the ride.Is there a hidden meaning in your title,cause there's a lot of stuff going around in my head that i think it means.It's fun in here. :-D :hammer:

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
finger, I don't know what's wrong with all of these people saying certain colors are faster and all of that mess. :hammer: Indeed there are some whackos around here. :-D

·
Registered
337 Posts
CAn you say BLACK? Fantastic color black....

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Fm, yer fittin right in. How do you like the LSLs?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Fingers, welcome. I don't remember which one of Robin's merry men you should be but I hope you made Marion. :-D :-D

I'm sure that you would have opted for Sherwood green if it were n option. Unlucky as our US friends would have us believe. :knkknk:

Chin up lad winter'll be over soon and you'll be able to flog her mercilessly.

AA

1 - 20 of 22 Posts