Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

June Triumph of the Month Voting (see entries in post 2)

• AMOR

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Speedway Moto

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • rainman123

• LabRatBiker

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Kman2k

• AliDavis

• Landlocked

• vwbill

• TriplesRock

• 2KewlGypsy

• RustyB

• Tkuhn89

• MotT3

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • D1200_Tel

• cheefkeef

• jnati

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Gordon Jolly

• TTM1

• Nitti-Gubben

• ramerman

• Rikki 675

• triumphrod68

• apersonofinterest1968

• USMCEOD87

• BrisRat

• northernraptor

• Carl B

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • GhoSTi

• UKTRIUMPHGUY

• Topek

• flyingburritobrother

• Rioja John

June Triumph of the Month Submission Thread

14K views 47 replies 37 participants last post by  Admin 
#1 ·
The June Triumph of the Month contest is live, but with some much needed updates. Please read carefully below, as voting especially, has changed.

• You no longer vote via LIKES. The last week of each month going forward, a poll will be added to the thread with all the entries and you will have 7 days (or 5, depending on how quick I am to get the poll up and how well the thread is moving) to cast your vote. This is a more traditional way of running things and based on feedback, will be a welcome change.
  • You must own the submitted bike.
  • You can enter 3-5 pics of your bike. I would strongly suggest submitting pics with no people in it (dogs are fine) or at the least, crop them out of it.
  • Feel free to give a little backstory on your bike. Whether that be the modifications it has, how you came to own it, or just a fun story. Don't be afraid to share your bike's story.
  • If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second bike that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.
The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here.

Congrats to May's Triumph of the Month winner, @Kiwidave4!

-Mike

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
June Entries - Quick Links

(Make sure you're viewing the correct post, for some weird reason, you might be placed in the post above the correct one - investigating)

AMOR - June Triumph of the Month Submission Thread
Speedway Moto - June Triumph of the Month Submission Thread
rainman123 - June Triumph of the Month Submission Thread
LabRatBiker - June Triumph of the Month Submission Thread
Kman2k - June Triumph of the Month Submission Thread
AliDavis - June Triumph of the Month Submission Thread
Landlocked - June Triumph of the Month Submission Thread
vwbill - June Triumph of the Month Submission Thread
TriplesRock - June Triumph of the Month Submission Thread
2KewlGypsy - June Triumph of the Month Submission Thread
RustyB - June Triumph of the Month Submission Thread
Tkuhn89 - June Triumph of the Month Submission Thread
MotT3 - June Triumph of the Month Submission Thread
D1200_Tel - June Triumph of the Month Submission Thread
cheefkeef - June Triumph of the Month Submission Thread
jnati - June Triumph of the Month Submission Thread
Gordon Jolly - June Triumph of the Month Submission Thread
TTM1 - June Triumph of the Month Submission Thread
Nitti-Gubben - June Triumph of the Month Submission Thread
ramerman - June Triumph of the Month Submission Thread
Rikki 675 - June Triumph of the Month Submission Thread
triumphrod68 - June Triumph of the Month Submission Thread
apersonofinterest1968 - June Triumph of the Month Submission Thread
USMCEOD87 - June Triumph of the Month Submission Thread
BrisRat - June Triumph of the Month Submission Thread
northernraptor - June Triumph of the Month Submission Thread
Carl B - June Triumph of the Month Submission Thread
GhoSTi - June Triumph of the Month Submission Thread
UKTRIUMPHGUY - June Triumph of the Month Submission Thread
Topek - June Triumph of the Month Submission Thread
flyingburritobrother - June Triumph of the Month Submission Thread
Rioja John - June Triumph of the Month Submission Thread

-Mike

#4 ·
Not strictly for ride of the month(sorry)
I own a 1970 T120R leaf spring model and have the normal problems indexing the gear box.
To resolve this ,I have had a conversion kit made to enable the plunger spring to be fitted .
I now have a gear box which is easy to index, and selects gears positively.
This is a complete kit and is available now for those who may want to have the conversion

#5 ·

1967 Bonneville Street Motocross. Vintage race legal, street legal. Early Husqvarna forks and hub. Vintage S&W rear shocks. Lots of custom bits and fabrication like the skid plate, footpegs, seat and stainless exhaust. Hand lettered tank, British Racing Green. No chrome, except the stock nickel plated Triumph frame. Single carb head for better response off road. Built for show and go.

#8 · (Edited)
Last fall I was out riding and saw an older gentleman who seemed to be struggling with his bike so both out of concern and curiosity I followed him to his driveway. I wanted to see the bike up close which he was proud to show me. Sadly suffering from Parkinson’s he said he was taking it on one last ride “do you want to buy it?” After taking it for a quick spin down the highway I rolled back up to where he was waiting and without much hesitation I said “ Sold! “. Although I could see it in his face it was hard to let go he was happy it was going to a good home. It’s a 2012 T100 and had only 500 miles on it. Of course I did a few things to make it my own and once I get on it it’s hard to get off.

#15 · (Edited)
This bike won once before, April 2014. Near as I can tell it was two owners ago. And if anyone has the ability to email adventurejim on here, he may like to see where his bike has ended up. I have only owned it for about 2 weeks, took off some extra stuff, added the little bags, and can't seem to get the grin off my face.
Respect,
2~kewl
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Sky Fuel tank

#17 ·
This is my T120 Bud Ekins Special, I acquired it about six months ago from someone who was moving and had to sell it. I have updated the suspension, removed the Cat and changed the awful tyres.
I have always wanted a Bonneville and have finally realised that dream, personally I think it’s a beauty.
looking forward to many miles of happy riding.

#18 ·

This is my first triumph motorcycle and I love it. I started with an all factory 2008 carbureted bonneville. I have added some performance parts to suit my needs. I wanted to try and keep all fenders, lights and paint original as I bought the bike because of how it looks, and I really am not a fan of a bunch of aftermarket led lights and blinkers. They look tacky to me. I have plans to maybe track this bike in the near future. So suspension will be addressed shortly a long with a different tank. Hate to mess this one up on the track.
bolt on performance:
Emgo slip ons
Bellacourse foam pod filters
Bellacourse air box delete
Sprocket Center Lighter chain and sprockets
New bonneville oil pressure gauge and oil temp
Ebc hh pads

ergo and body:
Lsl rearsets
Norman Hyde m bars
Biltwell grips
J&P brat seat
Tamarit belly pan
No name bar end mirrors

#22 ·
My 2008 1050 ST with 121,300kms on the clock.
Ive had it since 2014 when I replaced my original Sprint with it. It was originally Pacific blue, but I fitted the Tornado red parts from the earlier Sprint (which got retired at 115,000kms) to it.
This bike is used all year round as a weekly commuter bike, weekend day-trips, and occasional overnight tourer.
The top box stays on most of the time. The cowling is on the commuter seat. The other seat is fitted with a seat-bag harness which carries tools, maps and emergency supplies for the weekend excursions. The panniers get fitted for the overnight trips.
It has a few subtle visual styling mods including Trident slashcut exhaust, clear indicators, tailtidy, seat cowl, tinted windscreen and blacked out headlight. But most of the work over the last 18months has been focused on improving the handling by upgrading the suspension and reducing rotating mass and unsprung weight.

Suspension / Weight reduction mods:
Wilbers rear shock and front springs, Carbon fibre mudguards, chainguards, heatshields, heelguards and sprocket cover.
Sprint GT rear wheel and axle (and mirror stalks), "Braking" V-rotors front and rear, Supersprox 43tooth lightweight rear sprocket.
Titanium Front axle, Brake pistons, Caliper bolts, Banjo bolts, Rotor & Sprocket bolts, axle & hub pinch bolts, rear axle & front sprocket nuts, triple tree bolts.
Aluminium nuts/bolts for Engine casings, Mudguards, chainguard, airbox, fairings, heelguards, brake reservoirs and various other places.
Further mods are on temporary hold while I save up the money needed for a forged front wheel (At current rate it will be about another half a year).

I have picked the following photos to try and show what I love about this bike. It just does all the different types of riding that I ask of it. It commutes, it tours, it scratches, it copes with dirt roads and has even done a couple of track days. It even still looks pretty modern despite being 13 years old.

Cheers, Keef.

1) With my wife's Monster 796 at one of our favorite lunch-stop destinations
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

2) Shot of the rear showing the Wilbers reservoir and remote preload adjuster, carbon fibre sprocket, heel and chain guards, GT wheel (looks almost the same as the original) and supersprox sprocket.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Fuel tank Automotive lighting

3) Marking a corner during a ride through the "Wheatbelt' area of our state, a few hundred kilometres east of home (Taken a few months before I painted the headlight). The toolbag is carried since help is a long way away and there is no mobile phone coverage in these areas.
Wheel Tire Sky Plant Vehicle

4) Parked whilst checking out the almost finished mural on the Wellington Dam wall earlier this year (again before some of the carbon parts were fitted).
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive lighting

5) Parked with the panniers fitted at the Valley of the Giants Tree-walk carpark during a 3-day, 950km round-trip to our southern coast areas a few weeks ago. This was on day 2 where I pillioned my wife around to the attractions close to our base camp.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

#23 · (Edited)
2001 Bonneville
I’ve owned this since 2012. We did a lot of work to it, and it got published in the Iron and Air blog years back. Needless to say we had a child and the Bonnie sat for about 6 years. Now I recently had the time do a bunch of mods, rebuild the carbs and get it running again. Very proud of the laser cut/3D printed polycarbonate switch/control cluster. Next up is cutting back the headers and welding on the stock mid-exhaust mounts to the Losa cans so they are nice little straight shots under the pegs. Tired of the upswept look.

PS- I've done everything myself except mount the tires.

Recent mods:
  • Laser cut aluminum switch bracket
  • 3D printed switch housing
  • Stainless latching angel eye LED switches (kill, ignition, high beam)
  • Lossa Engineering skinny cones
  • Motone Krait seat
  • Biltwell bars
  • Modified Lowbrow throttle assembly for late model big twins
  • ODI/Vans grips
  • 7/8” > 1” modified brake and clutch controls
  • LED Halo headlight
  • CNC headlight brackets
  • Handmade rectifier relocate bracket
  • Ignition relocation
  • MX foot pegs
  • Knurled shift peg
  • New 80/20 Bridgestone Trail Wing TW22 & TW39 tires
  • Pingel hi flow petcock and adapter
Older Mods:
  • Custom painting
  • Custom seat upholstery
  • AI removal
  • K&N filters + rejetting
  • LED Lucas tail light and side bracket
  • Chopped front/rear fender
  • Removal: Speedo, signals, clutch switch etc
  • Passenger peg triangle frame removal

-------------------------------
How we bought her 2012:

Attachments

#27 ·
Greetings All - thanks for your support and insight for this first-time bike builder. I appreciate you.

Here's a little something on my 1970 Triumph T100R that I built over the last 9 months. This basket case started as a frame hoop and a rebuilt motor (with matching numbers and a title!). The rest comes from beating my head against it until something decent-looking came out...

Just trying to keep all of the details clean and minimal. Hope you like it:

Oil Hard Lines and Ignition System Fabrication - all wiring routed inside the main frame hoop
(we'll start a new forum thread once I realize this was a bad idea)

Internal Drag Pipe Mounts Bunged to Frame

June 2020 - the Junk Pile (with hardtail mocked up)

Special thanks to Wassell (tank, rim hoops, pipes), Lowbrow Customs, Dime-City Cycle, McMaster-Carr, and Buchanan Spokes for some of the raw materials. And all of y'all for helping me get it running.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.