Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading north and east from the Boston area to Fredericton New Brunsiwck and the east to Nova Scotia.
I have the doers and dreamers guide and the motorcycle guide from NS dept of tourism.
I'm riding solo from north of Boston, and meeting a cousin in Fredericton with his BMW

Any suggestions? or anyone in the area want ot meet for a ride and/or a beer?

Drop me a line

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nova Scotia in July/Aug

Hi Keith, I'm toying with riding my '05 Bonnie to Nova Scotia end of July or early August, so I hope you write up your adventures and lessons learned. I'm thinking of bearing R. out of Bangor and taking the NE road to St. Stephen/Calais. I worked at a papermill there in summer of '68, and I remember driving that road back to Bangor to get parts. A few little bridges were just wide enough for a loaded lumber truck and one car with thin paint going the other way. There was nothing on that road but one little store and a grave yard at the half way point. Then it looks interesting to take Rte 1 along the coast to Saint John. It's only 1100 miles to Halifax from Wash DC, where I'll start. I'm trying to decide whether to load up with a solo tent and bag or just do dive motels. Let us know how it goes. Should be a great ride. -j.

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
Originally I was going to go to NS this week but I have put it off until August. I am going to chabot's trail naturally. I picked up the NS travel packet as well. I would appreciate a full report when you get back. Thank you lee

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
keith that is a great site. I registered myself. Let me know when you come through Maine on 95 I am right off of 95.

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Hi Keith, I'm toying with riding my '05 Bonnie to Nova Scotia end of July or early August, so I hope you write up your adventures and lessons learned. I'm thinking of bearing R. out of Bangor and taking the NE road to St. Stephen/Calais. I worked at a papermill there in summer of '68, and I remember driving that road back to Bangor to get parts. A few little bridges were just wide enough for a loaded lumber truck and one car with thin paint going the other way. There was nothing on that road but one little store and a grave yard at the half way point. Then it looks interesting to take Rte 1 along the coast to Saint John. It's only 1100 miles to Halifax from Wash DC, where I'll start. I'm trying to decide whether to load up with a solo tent and bag or just do dive motels. Let us know how it goes. Should be a great ride. -j.
Hi J, I've been thinking about making the same trip. PM me if your interested in riding up together. I'd have to make arrangements at work but I can probably shake free for about a week.

BTW, Pete's Baltimore RAT is having their Mason-Dixon ride on Sunday (June 14). It will be my first ride with a RAT group and I'm really looking forward to it.

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Hi J, I've been thinking about making the same trip. PM me if your interested in riding up together. I'd have to make arrangements at work but I can probably shake free for about a week.

BTW, Pete's Baltimore RAT is having their Mason-Dixon ride on Sunday (June 14). It will be my first ride with a RAT group and I'm really looking forward to it.
Here is link if anyone is interested.

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/petesbaltimorerat/

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I needed a vacation and this did it!!

The readers digest version, everyone MUST ride this area of the world.

I met some fantastic people, met a guy on 1996 Trophy 900, from New Jersey. He'd been on the road for a week.

I was with my cousin on his 98 BMW 1100.

It rained, no it was if the rath of god anf noah were showing up.
The Canadian weather predicted 2 inches of rain and wind gusts
to 110kph, about 60-65mph winds.
When we entered the park the women said gusts to 140kph......

It is amazing scenery and some of the best roads I have ever ridden.
The problem, if you have vertigo, could be a problem.
I wasn't queesy, but concerned about some of the corners, remember it was pouring rain and windy.

I stayed in Baddeck 2 nights and did the lopp of the trail in one day. 330 kilometers or about 225 miles somehwere around there.

So many notes in my journal......seeing the eagle land in a tree about 50 feet away from us at dinner. in Braddeck on the Bras D'Or lake ...climbing north mountain on the north west side of the trail and having momma moose and her calf walk in front of me. The fog was so thick I was doing maybe 20mph at the time.

The suicidal crow that flew at me on the highway, I was doing about 80mph, coulda reached up and grabbed him.

Going across a causeway, ata lean angle Rossi would have been impressed with to go straight as the wind was blowing from the bay.
Oh yea and semi transport is coming at me........

Drinking a few different Picaroons brewed in Fredericton NB.
http://www.picaroons.ca/index.asp

Paying $1.20/ltr costing $28CA to fill my Sprint!!

Teaching the bartender at the pub how to make a black and tan:cool:

I met some great people and realy, realy needed time off.

I shot about 100+ pics I'll get some posted with a link.

Any questions, feel free to drop me a PM or email.

·
Premium Member
2004 Daytona 955i, 2018 Indian Roadmaster, 1980 CB650C in resto
17,806 Posts
Promises, promises...

:Need pics

(I have a new favorite smiley)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts