Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

July Triumph of the Month - Travel Pics

• SportsterDoc

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • gcetani

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bob B.

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • HiDesert

• Jeff Freeman

• Ridefar

• FLY-TRI-GUY

• CrescentCityKirk

• VDUBHEAD

• M1k

• AJ log

• 6t

• Emgeesea

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Pat350

• chrisdigital21

• Larry3

• lcardito

• Stratofaster

• Abin Alex Mathews

• Eric_H

• Corbino

• Onno

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
@swansjac, great pics but they do not fit this month's theme of "vacation or travel shots". Do you have any different pics you could submit?

-Mike
Hi @swansjac they were taken on a bike trip / vacation last year around Scotland if that does not match the profile not sure what does ! before / home( 10 minutes before leaving on trip ) the other 3 were taken while travelling around the trip 😀 but hey ho whatever you think 🤔

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi @swansjac they were taken on a bike trip / vacation last year around Scotland if that does not match the profile not sure what does ! before / home( 10 minutes before leaving on trip ) the other 3 were taken while travelling around the trip 😀 but hey ho whatever you think 🤔
Hey man! I agree, spot on! I think your message should be directed at the admin. ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey man! I agree, spot on! I think your message should be directed at the admin. ;)
swansjac Hi Sorry Man, just read the other messages in the thread...doh ! thought it was directed at my post and and was like hows it not a vacation ! anyway sorry man and honestly i think any photos of any bikes are good to see and travel you take your bike to the local shop and home and you've travelled :);)

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
2002 T100 Anniversary. Bought in 2007 and have been tinkering with it ever since. Motor is stock but jetted to the pipes which are modified Scrambler headers and mufflers from the Norman Hyde Street Scrambler kit. Has emulators and springs up front, Ikons on the back and a Brembo 4 piston brake kit on the front with a 1/2'' Speedmaster m/c/ . Speedo and tach are now in the headlight bucket.
The pics were taken in Oct.2016 on a trip from Nova Scotia to Alabama to watch the vintage racing at Barber.1st pic is on the Blue Ridge Parkway in Virginia, 2nd is in Ashville, Alabama, 3rd pic is at the hotel in Birmingham, 4th pic is in Honeybee Kentucky and last pic is at a stop for gas in North Tazewell Virginia. Somewhere along the way we rode down The Tail Of The Dragon which was quite a lot of fun. My buddies were on a BMW GS with the big panniers and a V.Strom 1000 with factory luggage. I had bungy cords. Great trip. 7,400 kms or there abouts. Weather was cold and wet on the way back to Canada, not a problem so long as the other two didn't go on about their heated grips and windshields :)
Barber 1 Virginia.jpg
Barber 2.jpg
Barber 3.jpg
Barber 5 Kentucky.jpg
Barber 6 Virginia.jpg

·
Registered
Tiger 900 Rally
65 Posts
Thruxton Ace road tripping from Tucson, AZ to Banff, Alberta, Glacier National Park, MT, and finally Seattle, WA. 3,400 miles in 10 days...

Gila Bend, AZ at just after dawn. (Racing to beat the 115 degrees heat across the desert to San Diego)...

Humboldt Redwoods State Park, CA...

Laguna Seca Raceway, Salinas, CA! But, alas, the TT is locked out of the track. :(

Pretty Ace Thruxton sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n...oops, wrong song.

Finally, Glacier National Park!

·
Registered
2016 Diablo Red Thruxton 1200 R
1,040 Posts
That’s cool u hit up Laguna Seca (Dry Lagoon) I have enjoyed many races being there track side…..FTG

·
Registered
Tiger 900 Rally
65 Posts
That’s cool u hit up Laguna Seca (Dry Lagoon) I have enjoyed many races being there track side…..FTG
Thanks, FTG. I had hoped to get there that day during active racing, but just missed it, as I arrived just after 5pm! But I have actually raced on that track since then, on my 1999 Ducati 996. Really fun track.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m calling shenanigans… a bunch of these pics are so good they’re clearly from the brochures 😉. Disqualified!!

·
Registered
46 Posts

Saundersfoot in Pembrokeshire, 2012 T100, Dunstall straight through pipes, air injection junked, Hagon stainless shocks, ikon fork springs, lower bars, Halcyon bar end mirrors, fehling rack and Givi box. Happis iawn

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tiger was a dream bike for me, and I never thought I would bring it home so soon. I was driving a normal single cylinder engine till then, but I’m more of a touring guy and that hike didn’t work with me pretty well. Even my plan was for superbikes again but somehow when i tried Tiger, fell in love with the power and especially the riding posture which almost got it fixed and felt like it’s the bike made for me. From that day it’s my new partner for conquering my dreams.
7896341E-49AC-4165-90FC-00A573DFA9D4.jpeg
A3FA1B55-8345-45BC-A341-4340602EE256.jpeg
F3BA6C53-97D6-421E-BC73-DE14597E7D31.jpeg

·
Registered
36 Posts

Taking my Heffalump for ride round the Yorkshire Dales.

·
Registered
2017 Street Scrambler, 2014 Honda Grom
4 Posts
My third bike and first Triumph, 2017 Street Scrambler bought last October. Rescued from a life of neglect and now well-sorted with just 1600 miles on the clock. Traveled up to one of my favorite spots in New England: Mt. Sugarloaf overlooking the Connecticut River and Pioneer Valley.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts