Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Corbino

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Onno

Votes: 0 0.0%

July Triumph of the Month Voting Thread

12K views 44 replies 29 participants last post by  Abin Alex Mathews 
#1 ·
The July Triumph of the Month contest is live. Please read carefully below, as voting especially, has changed.

THIS MONTH HAS A THEME: TRAVEL. Submit your best shots from vacation or just a random day out to the country.
  • You no longer vote via LIKES. The last week of each month going forward, a poll will be added to the thread with all the entries and you will have 7 days (or 5, depending on how quick I am to get the poll up and how well the thread is moving) to cast your vote. This is a more traditional way of running things and based on feedback, will be a welcome change.
  • You must own the submitted bike.
  • You can enter 3-5 pics of your bike. I would strongly suggest submitting pics with no people in it (dogs are fine) or at the least, crop them out of it.
  • Feel free to give a little backstory on your bike. Whether that be the modifications it has, how you came to own it, or just a fun story. Don't be afraid to share your bike's story.
  • If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second bike that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.
The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here.

Congrats to June's Triumph of the Month winner, @Speedway Moto!

-Mike

See less See more
#7 ·
Here's my bike, a 73 750 Tiger TR7RV, I've owned for 12 years.
Unless I need any machining done to it, I do all the work or painting to it.
It runs strong with 77.5mm pistons, electronic ignition, cams (Megacycle), high performance valve train, dry clutch and belt drive primary, Bonneville heads and a pair of 32mm Mikuni's.
It's been balanced, and it consistently gets 50 mpg.
It gets me around New England with very little trouble.

#3 ·
Stock 2022 Cobalt Blue Street Twin with Dart Marlin flyscreen and Givi tail rack.
2200 miles (Nevada, California, Arizona & Utah) since purchase May 25.
M/C #19 since 1963.
Enjoyable rides locally to Mt Charleston, Lake Mead, Red Rock Canyon, northeast to Zion National Park, Cedar Breaks (10,350 feet elevation), west to Death Valley (Badwater Basin 282 feet below sea level).
There are so many really sharp customized bikes in the monthly submissions, I certainly would not expect to win, but wanted to share the scenery, since travel is the theme.

#4 · (Edited)
This is my first bike. A 2012 Triumph Bonneville T100 (2,300 miles at purchase date). I live in Chicago and found it via FB Marketplace in SE Michigan. I'd been looking seriously for about 6 months and this was the winner. I went to view the bike and purchased it. I didn't feel completely comfortable driving it back to Chicago that day, so I drove it to my friend's garage in Detroit.

I spent the next three weeks gaining confidence watching YouTube videos (I acquired my motorcycle license last October after taking a weekend class in Chicago, otherwise no riding experience). I ended up taking a Greyhound from Chicago to Ann Arbor, MI drove it back to the city on a Sunday and have put nearly 1,000 miles on it since and drive every chance I get. Proud to be a part of this community!

#5 · (Edited)
The Gypsy Cab , my 2005 Thruxton which was renamed from my wife dubbing it the Big Yellow Taxi to the Gypsy cab. I bought it with some aftermarket modifications from a Brit living here in the states, and added Keihin CR carbs last year , eliminated the rear fender , and added Renthol bars, as well as a sticker from I say Ding Dong. I built the barn it is in front of out of used materials after seeing the places Brits work on motorcycles in back yard garages. The next step is to move the wiring up , remove the side covers and expose the velocity stacks to the light of day.

Vehicle Light Motor vehicle Speedometer Gauge
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Tire Wheel Helmet Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Automotive lighting Motorcycle

#20 ·
The Gypsy Cab , my 2005 Thruxton which was renamed from my wife dubbing it the Big Yellow Taxi to the Gypsy cab. I bought it with some aftermarket modifications from a Brit living here in the states, and added Keihin CR carbs last year , eliminated the rear fender , and added Renthol bars, as well as a sticker from I say Ding Dong. I built the barn it is in front of out of used materials after seeing the places Brits work on motorcycles in back yard garages. The next step is to move the wiring up , remove the side covers and expose the velocity stacks to the light of day.

View attachment 759382 View attachment 759383 View attachment 759384 View attachment 759385 View attachment 759386
@The Gypsy Cab, great pics but they do not fit this month's theme of "vacation or travel shots". Do you have any different pics you could submit?

-Mike

#6 · (Edited)
Wheel Fuel tank Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting

Out on a Canyon Ride,
2019 Street Triple R, Triumph tail tidy (shortened), Puig windscreen, Sato frame sliders, WoodCraft rearsets & handlebars, Akra pipe, Tech Spec. pads, Ebay mirrors (not very functional anymore)... a 'wanna-be' Daytona & a very fun bike!

#8 · (Edited)
Travel theme? Okay, I'll play this time.

2004 955i Triumph Daytona. Bought it used with what, 12,000 miles? I'm not a bike modifier. I tend to buy them (or in one glorious case, receive it as a gift) as I like them, and just ride the snot out of them. But the mods on this bike include some that are very relevant to travel; a pair of bar risers, and a good Sargent seat. It also has a TOR carbon fiber can, which I love. Looks great and sounds great. Now I may hit 70,000 this year. In that time, based out of New Mexico, it's been as far east as Missouri on an Iron Butt ride, and as far west as the lower 48 allows.

In Missouri:

On the Pacific coast in Oregon:

On a certain dirt switchback known as the Moki Dugway. Trust me, it's one of the specks on the top stretch of road on the right side of the picture. This photo took a bit of time and a bit of hiking.

On the Million Dollar Highway, which is sort of Misty's home track. I have to include a photo on that road.

And I'm going to stop there and go looking for one of my all time favorite motorcycle travel photos. Might take me a couple of days to find it. Stand by.

Found it. So I'm at a conference in Tucson, and I'm at the bar one evening. Rather nice resort; I've been back for the heck of it. The lobby is really big, and the bar was on a lower level, but you could throw a paper airplane up from the bar to the lobby. It got to be rather a late evening. Talking about stuff, and the motorcycle comes up. Bartender mentions that it's not hard to get from the parking garage to the bar, through the golf course. I think she was trying to give me an idea. The idea worked.

This post has been deleted
This post has been deleted
#26 · (Edited)
2002 T100 Anniversary. Bought in 2007 and have been tinkering with it ever since. Motor is stock but jetted to the pipes which are modified Scrambler headers and mufflers from the Norman Hyde Street Scrambler kit. Has emulators and springs up front, Ikons on the back and a Brembo 4 piston brake kit on the front with a 1/2'' Speedmaster m/c/ . Speedo and tach are now in the headlight bucket.
The pics were taken in Oct.2016 on a trip from Nova Scotia to Alabama to watch the vintage racing at Barber.1st pic is on the Blue Ridge Parkway in Virginia, 2nd is in Ashville, Alabama, 3rd pic is at the hotel in Birmingham, 4th pic is in Honeybee Kentucky and last pic is at a stop for gas in North Tazewell Virginia. Somewhere along the way we rode down The Tail Of The Dragon which was quite a lot of fun. My buddies were on a BMW GS with the big panniers and a V.Strom 1000 with factory luggage. I had bungy cords. Great trip. 7,400 kms or there abouts. Weather was cold and wet on the way back to Canada, not a problem so long as the other two didn't go on about their heated grips and windshields :)
Tire Cloud Wheel Sky Plant
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank
Wheel Tire Plant Window Vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting

#27 · (Edited)
Thruxton Ace road tripping from Tucson, AZ to Banff, Alberta, Glacier National Park, MT, and finally Seattle, WA. 3,400 miles in 10 days...

Gila Bend, AZ at just after dawn. (Racing to beat the 115 degrees heat across the desert to San Diego)...

Humboldt Redwoods State Park, CA...

Laguna Seca Raceway, Salinas, CA! But, alas, the TT is locked out of the track. :(

Pretty Ace Thruxton sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n...oops, wrong song.

Finally, Glacier National Park!

#29 ·
Thanks, FTG. I had hoped to get there that day during active racing, but just missed it, as I arrived just after 5pm! But I have actually raced on that track since then, on my 1999 Ducati 996. Really fun track.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.