Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not impressed with my dealer as they can't confirm what jets they put in my 08 T-100. Don't want to deal with them as I prefer to do my own work.

If anyone can help by pointing me in the right direction as to what should be in there.

Only mods are injection removed, TOR's and K&N air filter.

What should I have for pilot and main and approx number of turns out on the idle screw with this setup.

I just want to check and make sure I have what I should in the carbs.

·
Vendor
2,337 Posts
Not impressed with my dealer as they can't confirm what jets they put in my 08 T-100. Don't want to deal with them as I prefer to do my own work.

If anyone can help by pointing me in the right direction as to what should be in there.

Only mods are injection removed, TOR's and K&N air filter.

What should I have for pilot and main and approx number of turns out on the idle screw with this setup.

I just want to check and make sure I have what I should in the carbs.
Stick with the standard settings, 110 main's, 40 pilot and 2-2.5 turns out.

The Bonnies are jetted slightly rich from the factory and the K&N doesn't flow any better than the OEM paper filter, also TORS don't make a lot of difference to the AFR.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I'm no wiz, however my '05 790 w/ TOR's -AI and K&N had 115 mains, 40 pilots and my D-tool is shot so I can't tell you my turns. The needle had two shims, on on the bottom and one on the top. Ran and pulled good though the rev range w/ no plug problems for 17,000 miles...
Clean as a whistle.. I change plugs every 6,000...

Hope some one chimes in on the '08 865 for you...

·
Registered
361 Posts
If Triumph is still shipping 115 mains with TORS then I would stick with that or whatever the factory is now recommending. 2.75 turns out on the pilot screws.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts