Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently running 135 mains and 42 pilots with D & D cans, airbox intact with bellmouth and Uni filter. I am ditching the D & D's and going with Preds. I'm thinking my current jetting may be just about right as is. Any input?

·
Registered
8,877 Posts
dont know for sure but with air box still in place sounds like your rich to me with ether pipes.I would think 120-125 would be as rich as you would need.135 to 140 is what you run with preds and no air box

·
30,701 Posts
Based on some good testing by Ventura:

Stock exhaust with snorkel................110 / 40 / no shims / 1.5 turns
Open exhaust + no snorkel................115 / 40 / no shims / 2.0 turns
Above + Restrictor gone....................120 / 40 / 1 shim / 1.0 turns
Above + enlarged filter inlet...............130 / 40 / no shims / 1.75 turns
Above + no airbox + no filters............145 / 40 / 1 shim / 2.0 turns
((assume) above with pod filters........140 / 40 / 1 shim / 2.0 turns)
I would suggest 120 mains, 40 pilots, no shims 2 turns out on the mixtures screw as a good starting point. I say 120 instead of 115 because the predators seem to flow very well indeed.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I appreciate the input guys. 135's were what was recommended when I got the D&D's and it has seemed to run quite well indeed for the past six years. Haven't ever noticed sooty plugs so I assumed it was optimum. Fine tuning is an art isn't it? I'm going to jet down on the assumption that I can do better. The preds came via FedEx today and they sure are beatifully made. I'm looking forward to no more repacking.

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
I might be remembering this wrong, but don't the 790's like bigger mains than the 865's?
If you've had your bike for 6 yrs, it's a 790 right?

In which case, I think you are probably still rich, but not too bad.
And, when jetting without any AF information, better to side on the side of too rich than too lean.

-K

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Pipes

Sounds similar to my 04 set-up & it works great!! Try it & see how it works? I think youll be ok! Gotta love those 790's!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts