Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased the Emgo reverse megaphone exhaust from from Bella Corse and the kit came with 128 mains and 42 pilot. i will be removing the AI and installing a uni filter and i will also be removing the snorkel. Will the 128 main jet work or will i need a larger or smaller jet. when would i need to install the 42 pilot. thank you.

·
Registered
249 Posts
from what ive seen is people using change the pilot out when they remove the airbox entirely. if they recommend 128 then you might need to go about 2 sizes larger on the main. just experiment with it and see what works best.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Regardless of the exhaust, I'd be pretty sure that 128's and 42's would be way too rich without substantial air-intake mods.

Best to be guided by the link which prop has posted.

V.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pictures

I am going to try and install the pipes and jets tomorrow. I will post pictures. i think the 128 main should work fine. I was looking at some of the jetting information and it looks like 128 should work. i will be removing the AI, the snorkel and installing a Uni filter. would 3 turns work on the idle adjustment or could i leave at 2.5 turns. thanks for the info.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Installed Emgo exhaust wow!

I installed the Emgo reverse megaphone exhaust, I removed the AI and installed 128 main jets and removed the snorkel and installed a uni filter there is a noticeable increase in power these pipes are loud. I need to fix a few air leaks at the adapter pipe connections. The idle seems normal. I did not adjust the idle mixture. how do i tell if the bike is running rich.

·
29,948 Posts
Well, if you were running really really really rich, black smoke out of the pipes is one sign, for more mild richness, experiencing "bogging down" of the bike - ie loss of power is another sign. Surging of the bike while maintaining a steady throttle tends to indicate lean I believe.

·
Registered
538 Posts
When I got my Emgo's from Bella Corse they came with 42/135's. AI removed, de-snorkeled, stock filter (goin to Uni soon). Runs like a champ. They are loud however, but sound like a real Triumph. You will probably notice a decrease in mpg due to the desire to romp on it just to hear the sound.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just installed the same kit. AI removed. No airbox mods.

Awesome sound. Can't sneak out anymore, though.

I installed the 128 mains. Seems fine.

I still have the stock pilot jets in. Seems weak on idle. I'll install the 42s soon.

Did you have any issues with the brass (I think brass) adaptor sleeves? Mine peek out a bit.

There was a thread on carb tuning using the "butt dyno" but I can't find it. Does anyone know where it is?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts