Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all

My 2008 Bonnie has been stalling sporadically even after it's been warmed up and rode for a bit. Doesn't happen all of the time, but it happens enough. I've done the following things to try to address it:
Changed the oil (used a K&N oil filter), put in a K&N high flow air filter (wow what a difference that made with the horsepower!), and also removed the Air injection system.

I have the stock pipes on there right now, but I'm waiting for a pair of dunstall replicas to show up.

So my questions are:
1. Any suggestions about jetting since I put in the new K&N Filter, and will be putting on the Dunstalls. I feel like the bike is lean.
2. Thoughts about my stalling problem?

Any suggestions are great. Thanks all
E

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it stalls at stops. On a few occassions it's actually stalled when I would pull in the Clutch while the bike was still rolling! The other thing I've noticed in the last month is that when I first got the bike it would start right up when I pushed the starter. Now I always have to use the choke. I'll play with the idle adjustment to see how that works, but it "feels" like it's idling where it should be. Man I miss having a tacho!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.