Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any of you speedy guys help, I have purchased a set of speed triple kuni's to fit to my thunderbird but i need to rejet them. But i carn't seem to find the main jets within the float bowl so before i explore any further i thought i would ask the question, WERE ARE THEY.

EDE: :???:

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Huh? You don't have any main jets? :-D

Them main jets are not "in the float bowl". The mains in a Mikuni carburetor are screwed into the carburetor body inside the float bowl but above it, but not to the float bowl. They look like a little brass screw in the dead center, where the slide needle can come down through it. (so to speak) I'm guessing you should have a 125-120-125 set on your carbs ( That is, 125 on the outside carbs, and 120 on the center carb. It should be marked on the face of the main).

They are about the size of a pencil eraser. They may also be a 130-125-130 which is the best jetting for a T300 Speed Triple, or if they are a dynojet set they could be quite different.

The pilot jets, or "air jets" will be marked 40 and are offset from the center of the carb body. Don't change these.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for your reply i know it should be screwed in were you said but there doesn't seem to be any thread however i have now removed the slide and needle and the needle jet has a thread inside at the bottom still confused.

Ede

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Here's a good resource for Mikuni Jets:

Mikuni Jets: Click Me!

Yours should look like this:

It sounds like someone stole yours before you got your carbs. Its okay, you should be able to buy a set for a couple of £ each. For your T-bird you probably want 130-125-130, but check on the T-bird forum for exact info.

Incidentally, the Kiehn carbs have some advantages over the Mikuni's. Personally, I like Mikuni products, but I've been messing with them for years. Supposedly the Kiehn carbs hold a tune better. YMMV

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Thats whats great about this forum....there's always somebody that knows all this sh!t.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
On 2006-12-03 17:59, Calitriple wrote:
Look at the big brain on crashmastered!!!
You think that's big? You should see my... feet.

On 2006-12-03 18:19, Legman wrote:
Thats whats great about this forum....there's always somebody that knows all this sh!t.
Yeah, I know all this sh!t. That's bear, and this is dog, and that over there is bull. Man, you guys sure have short memories. I've had Hoof in mouth disease many a time on this forum.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
On 2006-12-03 20:07, crashmasterd wrote:
I've had Hoof in mouth disease many a time on this forum.
I was not gonna be unkind enough to point that out!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts