Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Texas and took the bike to the sister-in-laws this summer to ride
in the hills around Colorado Springs. Was wondering what the stock jet size
Triumph uses for the T-100 for that area.The Bike is a 2006 stock Bonnie.
Thanks
Trident

·
Registered
8,872 Posts
I live in Texas and took the bike to the sister-in-laws this summer to ride
in the hills around Colorado Springs. Was wondering what the stock jet size
Triumph uses for the T-100 for that area.The Bike is a 2006 stock Bonnie.
Thanks
Trident
well when you go in the high country they go richer on the a/f mixture.The stock jetting is to lean anyway so it might even run better then it does on flat ground I think they use to come with 110 mains not sure though.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
I live in Cheyenne, 6200 ft in the air.

Stock is stock, regardless of where you buy her. Mine ran just fine with the stock 115's and still ran fine thru the AI removal, bafflectomy, and snorkelectomy. New pipes (Emgo reverse cones) is when I changed her fueling. Going with Dinqua's calculator, I should have 128's or 130's in there. That was just a little rich -- popping and fuel smelling all the time. I'm on 122's right now and my butt says that is just fine.

Before I did anything to my babe, I took a trip thru the Snowy Range, she ran just fine over a few big passes (excess of 9500, maybe 10,000 feet). All day long at that alt, might have been a problem, but I thought it went well for the few hours I was up there.

If you are stock, I think the lack of air up here will make up for the factory lean condition. You'll be fine.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
I said 115's in my previous post -- I am not sure what stock is -- I'm too lazy to go get my Haynes and look it up. I know mine were whatever Haynes said they were supposed to be, could very well be the 110's as stated by Mike.

I just wanted to let you know that stock ran just fine for me for several weeks, at 6200 feet. I think the bonus for me, not being as lean for someone at sea-level - they did not blue the headers as bad as some I've seen.....

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks WyoBonnie for that reply.Mine ran ok also.But was wondering if I should go down a size or not.But We are only there for a fue days .So I guess it's not an issue.My pipes are already blue anyway.
Trident

·
Registered
513 Posts
I am a bit lower than 6000. We are at 4700 feet above sea level, I run Emgo Reverse cones, KN filter pods, removed airbox. I am running 42 pilots, 125 mains with 1 shim and 2 turns on the carb thingy. I think it is a bit rich. But runs strong, so I am not too worried about that.

I will get it dyno'd this spring and see where I am at.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
I am a bit lower than 6000. We are at 4700 feet above sea level, I run Emgo Reverse cones, KN filter pods, removed airbox. I am running 42 pilots, 125 mains with 1 shim and 2 turns on the carb thingy. I think it is a bit rich. But runs strong, so I am not too worried about that.

I will get it dyno'd this spring and see where I am at.
Interesting - you're a little lower in the air than me and your jets are a little bigger than me - which makes sense. I'm a 40 pilot with 1 shim, but still have the Airbox. I'll bet a stock bike is set up to run pretty darn well at altitude with no fiddling around at all.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I talked to the service manager at Colorado Springs and it seems that Triumph put the same jets in the bonnie no matter where it goes.Like others have said they are to lean anyway.Also that 1 jet size change for every 2000 feet is about right.So go figure.
Thanks Trident

1 - 9 of 9 Posts