Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who has done it?...i want my full exhaust done form headers to cans?...helpful ideas welcome

</a>">

jet hot

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On 2007-02-28 21:47, Limey wrote:
First thing, get rid of the stock cans. :hammer:
yeah...i know but the ones i really want aren't being made for our girl yet?...and when they finally are i want a full system...this might be a quick $200 face lift til then

·
Registered
119 Posts
My friend (ride a sportster but he's still ok in my book) has his pipes out right now getting 'Jet-Hotted' with the J2000 coating black..

I'll try to get pics.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I use the same coating Jethot uses... and do it in the shop. I have done several bike systems, several for boats, and even more for cars.

Dr. Gallup just had his header coated by JetHot with their cermichrome product. Dr Gallup's thread

Other compainies offer ceramic coatings as well. See Polymer Dynamics (PolyDyne), Swain Tech, and a host of others. You may even find one locally that can do coatings for you.

[ This message was edited by: Devious2XS on 2007-03-01 10:19 ]

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
On 2007-03-01 06:04, dragonrider wrote:
Hey Dirt if you remember Spindlbeak had his pipes coated by Jet Hot and they looked great.
yeah thats right!...i would like to see a full system done though...cans and all

Mini4x and Devi, thanks :wink:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Dirt,

Yep, I sent my header and mid-pipe to Jet Hot and had them ceramic coated inside and out for around $160 including shipping.

To coat the inside of the pipe you need to make sure there are no obstructions, ie. pre-cat.

It doesn't make sense to coat the muffler though because there wouldn't be to much benefit. You couldn't coat the inside plus the mufflers don't really change color so coating the outside wouldn't really give you any benefit accept to keep it from rusting.

Just my 50 cent! :-D

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
On 2007-03-01 13:01, spindlbeak wrote:

It doesn't make sense to coat the muffler though because there wouldn't be to much benefit.
i am really only going for asthetics...i wanna go black all the way! :-D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts