Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I don't know if everyone is familiar with this new TV show called Jesse James is a dead man. It features the famous custom bike builder Jesse James doing a new ludicrous stunt each week. To bring everyone up to speed here is a link.

http://www.spike.com/show/30898

For the most part the show has some entertaining merit despite the fact that seems scripted. But last weekend I have to admit that I was a little impressed. Jesse James road 125 miles (200km) over ice in the Alaskan wilderness on a BMW motorcycle. Other than the studded tires, flaming paint job, and aftermarket muffler the BMW apparently did the -32F (-36C) degree ride stock. :eek:

Now I have rode in some cold weather before, but that is just beyond me, even with the heated grips and vest. I have to admit that I am really impressed with both Jesse James and the BMW. Although part of me would have liked to see the Triumph Tiger make the trip. I am so impressed with the toughness of my Sprint that I bet the Tiger would have been able to make that run just as reliably.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
"seems scripted'?

Given, riding a bike any time at all in those conditions is an 'accomplishment', the two guys were hardly alone. The film crew (on snowmobiles) and at least one helicopter.

They never said it, but I'm guessing they never turned the bikes (or snowmobiles) off.

The film crew had to help hump the bikes out of a snowdrift. Doing so apparently took their minds off of the care of the cameras, all but one of which froze up.

Which is why the second half of the 120 mile trip took about 7 minutes of airtime, including his interactions with the townsfolk.

I'm guessing Sandra pulled an 'eye-rolling' muscle when she saw that one. "Honey, are you out of your freakin' mind?"

"Hold it! HOW much did you say they are paying you!?"

·
Registered
888 Posts
I'd like to sue them for false advertising. The title of the show would have gotten me to tune in, if I didn't already know it was a series. LAME!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts