Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it was $1047 for the system, plus $319 for the PCIII with map already loaded. About three hours of my time. The Final result: SSSSWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTT!!!!!. It's not very often I'm real happy with the things I buy or the way they perform. But this set-up is great, it has sound, performance and looks, ***** Daddy has a sweet ride. :upthumb:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Bulldogger,

Welcome to the club, they sure are sweet. I did a quick MPG check and I was getting 34 mpg now 32mpg. More juice = more power.

:-D :-D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rktmn3,
beauty of it all no back fires. Hard on the throttle and then shut her down, and all I get is a little rumbling. One of the guy's I ride with has a Honda VTX 1800 with a power commander and Bubba pipes and its always backfiring. The map from dyno jet seems pretty dead on. This bike with this set-up makes it look the way it should have been. I'll check mileage on this tank and see how its changed. I loved everything about the bike on the test ride but waited 7 months to buy it because I hated the exhaust set-up. :-D

·
Registered
47 Posts
I sure would love to hear that set up. I dislike the way the rocket sounds..The hi pitch whine is louder than the exhaust.

I don't want it too loud...but would like just a bit of deep rumble..
Thinking about doing the cat delete pipe..Just to see if that would help

Oh well...Maybe one day I will hear one

Joey

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Joeyf,
Go into FAQ on Rocket chat and sroll down to the jardine sound byte. Turn speakers on sort of loud and play the sound byte its pretty acurate on my computer. :-D

·
Registered
88 Posts
Bulldogger,

Yeah! The map was right on, no backfire for me either. Should would love to hear it with a blower or turbo on it, with these pipes.

[ This message was edited by: rktmn3 on 2005-07-20 22:11 ]

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rktmn3,
I'm wondering if the turbo would fit with these pipes? I may consider putting one on. I gotta be honest I really don't feel the bike needs it. Also 1/4 mile times weren't that much faster were they?? :-D

·
Registered
88 Posts
Bulldogger,

My experience with a turbo is none. But I had a mustang that I put a blower on. The difference was very noticeable and I could feel the increase big time. My quarter mile time only decreased by 1 second. But 1 second is equal to about (I am guessing here) 3 car lengths. Because I was traveling 101 mph at the end.

With the Rocket III and a turbo your going to be going 130+ so your 1 second will cover more than 3 car lengths.

From my reading the Rockets best time so far is 11.2 @ 118 mph in the quarter mile. Adding a turbo will drop it into the low 10's, like 10.2. I used a calculator to estimate this number and the less weight of having two pipes and not three. :-D :-D

[ This message was edited by: rktmn3 on 2005-07-21 12:33 ]

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey guys
The Rocket is a low compression engine. you can spray the breath out of it.

How about a 150 shot of NOS. that should knock a few tenth off

Joey F

·
Registered
35 Posts
These are car drag race approximates:

.15-.20 of a second = 1 car length 1-second difference=5 car lengths.

On most cars, 10 additional HP reduces 1/4 mile times by -.10. and 1 mph.

Removal of 50-100lbs of weight reduces 1/4 mile times by -.10. but may not effect miles per hour

To reduces 1/4 mile times by -1 second would require and increase of more or less 100 hp and should be followed by a subsequent 10 +/- mph increase.

ON THE ROCKET, any additional power will bring higher miles per hour, but only slightly better track times unless the track/tires are very sticky.

That short first gear will do a lot of spinning through the first gear/second unless a stickier compund is developed. Some blown R3's may find it better to start in second...

150 shot of nitrous is HUGE for a 2.3 liter engine, regardless of compression! But, a 50 Nos shot would last all day long, and mayebe a 75 hp NOS shot. Remeber-NOS and boost, even if comparable numbers wise are NOT the same.

NOS is way more violent on the drivetrain & internals, but is way cheaper than a blower-which is why it is appealing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts