Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it seems all the choppers built by west coast chopper on the tv show were never tested for emissions, the way all california vehicles have to be.
something like $270.000 in fines
I think he got blind-sided on this one
G

·
Registered
985 Posts
You'd think that the engine manufacturer would have to have their products emission certified for sale/use in Calif. prior to them selling them there.

I believe that is what all aftermarket engine performance parts manuf. have to do...

If James is doing, or not doing, some thing that is required by law, he needs to come in line with the regs.

But if he is doing the same as all the other "custom builders", then they need to be brought into line also...

One thing that can be done is to move the shop out of Calif. and quit fooling with all the CARB ***** altogether....

[ This message was edited by: SCbonneville on 2007-01-27 09:33 ]

·
Registered
868 Posts
I'll take good care of his wife until he scrapes together the cash to pay the fines.....

He can thank me later.

P

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
On 2007-01-27 10:47, sweatmachine wrote:
New custom bikes are falling in line, a lot of companies are offering California models.

Flyrite is Carb/EPA certified. If other builders want to stay in business they will have to also.
Man, I love those Flyrite bikes! Never been a fan of JJ fat-tired customs.

·
Registered
716 Posts
California really has enough BS going on with crime and all the 9 mile per gallon or less Lamborginis and SUV junk...bikes are much better in less pollution and saving gas, taking up less space on the freeways and while parked ...
I don't care what the govt. says a well tuned 4 stroke engine in a motorcycle does NOT pollute that much...the smog police guys who fined JJ were showboating and should be reassigned to spend their time and our tax dollars on the gang problem in Los Angeles and other more important issues...instead of messing with custom bikes that will probably not see 1,000 miles a year put on them. I wonder if that Harley Arnold our Govenor crashed had stock pipes and all the smog stuff (no way) he's not a nerd but he didn't have a motocycle license either...

·
Registered
220 Posts
Bummer. Now he'll have to sell about 3 bikes to high profile clients to make up for the fines. Poor bastage :)

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Now if somebody would just sue the tootles' out of biz it'd all be good. Nah, actually I got nothing against them. But, uh, yeah, duh, if you're building and selling, being in compliance with the laws is not a bad idea.

·
Registered
778 Posts
California is so backwards. The way they kill you with taxes is criminal! But seriously, DrEnglish is cracking me up

On 2007-01-29 18:36, DrEnglish wrote:
But, uh, yeah, duh, if you're building and selling, being in compliance with the laws is not a bad idea.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts