Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello everyone,i am new to the sight & also new to triumph.i just bought a used 06 sprint 1050 with a ixil exhaust installed.took it for a ride last night and it seems to be popping back through the exhaust on decell.the previous owner stated he took it to a dealer in vermont & they put a off road map on it to match the pipes.i feel it is running to rich & the popping is unburned fuel.any info on this would be helpful.thank you very much for your help. i called my dealer today to make an appt. for fri. to check & make sure it has the proper tune & i will ask about the SAI,as i am reading it also sounds as the bike could be running lean,but when i removed the baffles they are jet black soot. thank you everyone for your knowledge & i will let you know what the dealer finds.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
NO Worries, The IXIL with the off road tune is what you want. Running a little rich is OK. The popping is more pronounced when decelerating from higher RPM's. Use the low end torque a little more and you won't notice the popping as much.

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Hey Hoops,
We are talking on you tube and I hope you got my responses.

Get the tune loaded at your dealer and you should be ok. The bike will run a tad rich with the tune but like KB says, that is ok.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts