Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Well, I've taken the plunge and ordered a 2007 Sprint ST which the dealer tells me will be here this week. I ordered the fastest colour of course - red!

I'm still a huge BM fan but I just couldn't stretch the extra $11,000 to get the K1200S right now but I'm sure I'll be happy with my decision.

Can't wait to get back onto a bike after nearly 3 months without one and looking forward to sampling the roads around the Coffs Harbour region. Only just moved back here and lots of great rides to be had I'm sure.

I'll post some pics once I pick her up. Now I just have to try and contain my excitement until it arrives. :-D

Cheers,

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
Congrats Clinton, I think you'll find you'll love the beast. Just ask the guys on our Blacktown and City Coast RAID to Bathurst yesterday :)

Good to hear you've got the right colour to go with the right stuff... Now to get some trips arranged around the Oxley, Gwydir, Bruxner and Waterfall Way :)

BTW which dealer did you go with?
Keep us posted.

Russ

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BTW which dealer did you go with?
Keep us posted.
Bought it from Phil Grayson at Grayson Sonter in Coffs.

I think he's sold 3 in the last couple of weeks, 2 red with ABS and one red without.

I think he also has a black one coming in.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I think you're going to be amazed at how little that extra $11,000 would have bought you. Not to mention how much you will most likely save on services. :upthumb:

·
Registered
503 Posts
Traded in a 00' K1200RS for an 06' Sprint ST (red) in August after 15 years of BMW K bikes. No regrets. It's a great bike!

·
Premium Member
24,342 Posts
On 2006-11-25 19:20, Stlakid wrote:
I think you're going to be amazed at how little that extra $11,000 would have bought you. Not to mention how much you will most likely save on services. :upthumb:
tuk,
Once again Stlakid hits the nail on the head.

:)

Davem :cool:

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
You understand you've given up some snob appeal. Personally I've ridden quite a few BMW's (K's and Boxers) and never found one I'd own. The Sprint is everything I need and want. Good Luck with the new ride.
:cool: :cool:

·
Registered
561 Posts
tuk,
enjoy the new Sprint and enjoy fitting all the aftermarket bits to her. I too am a BM fan back in the 80's I owned a K100 with a Premier sidecar and Bob Martin leading link with small car wheels. I use to love scaring the pants off people in the chair by waiting til they fell asleep and putting the chair under a B-Double trailer on the Hume. The look on their faces when they woke up was priceless. Anyway safe riding and enjoy.

Cya The Tankman
:upthumb: :upthumb: :upthumb: :lgh: :lgh: :lgh:

[ This message was edited by: Tankman on 2006-11-26 16:57 ]

·
Registered
8,111 Posts
Welcome to the Triumph family tuk, We here at the big T are far nicer and not at all snobby.. :-D

You'll love your new ride.. I promise..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts