Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took possession of my 2010 Scrambler two days after my birthday, on April 9, two weeks ago. The weather being sheeet here in Calgary, i only got to ride it on the first weekend and this weekend. d:

WOW. The bike is a lot of fun to ride. So the part about being all smiles after you ride is ALL true. Heaps of fun!

But that's not the point of this post. Since I got the bike, after ONLY two weekends of riding I had people:
- giving me thumbs up at almost every stop sign or stop light
- coming up to me in parking lots and asking about the bike
- saying "great bike" in passing by in my neghbourhood
- approaching me and asking me about it, while talking to a buddy in his driveway - this was a neighbour who noticed it from 4 houses away
- even a couple of girls saying "nice bike" (this gives me hope... :D)

I heard about all this before I got the bike. But I thought people are loving their bikes a little bit too much... :). Nope. It's actually true.

What are some of your stories?

·
Registered
82 Posts
My favorite is waiting for a ferry with all the Harley riders. The older guys are usually much more talkative and want to know more about it. The scrambler really sticks out in a herd of big Vtwin-fairing and luggage-box-heavy bikes. Any enthusiast that doesn't already know about it will come running up to you to find out what year it is.:beerchug

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
These Bonnies are eye catchers. Everywhere I stop I get questioned about it. Was on a solo 3500 mike motorbike camping trip and at every single camp site some usually older guy would come by and chat. I even encouraged one older gentleman to restore his '68 Bonnie and get it back on the road. It's true too, a lot of older Harley guys talk about how they used to love their Triumphs back in the '60s.

The only downside us it takes me forever to get anywhere because of all the chatting! :)

·
Registered
408 Posts
attention

My 2007 T-100 is an "old guy magnet". I cannot gas her up without some 60-70 year old dude coming up to start a conversation about the Triumph he had back in the old days. Enjoy the "soul" and good Karma that comes with your bike.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Same here with my '08 T100.

ENJOY IT!!!

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
If only chicks asked me about the bike half as often as the old guys...

But yeah, one of the great things about a Bonnie/Scram/Thrux is you really can fit in with most any motorcycling crowd. Classy enough for the Harley types, sporty enough for crotch-rocketeers, the Goldwingers probably had one when they were kids, and good enough on gravel for the dual-sport crowd. And scooter riders... Well, they're just happy if you acknowledge their presence.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If only chicks asked me about the bike half as often as the old guys...

But yeah, one of the great things about a Bonnie/Scram/Thrux is you really can fit in with most any motorcycling crowd. Classy enough for the Harley types, sporty enough for crotch-rocketeers, the Goldwingers probably had one when they were kids, and good enough on gravel for the dual-sport crowd. And scooter riders... Well, they're just happy if you acknowledge their presence.
Haha, nailed it.

And, on top of that, they're really rare. Can ride for days/months without seeing one. Me being vane, I like that... :D

·
Registered
486 Posts
All true! Had thumbs up & comments at light from all brands/riders.
Had older lady in parking lot say"Nice Bike"
I ride a scooter too but only kids & younger dudes get off
on its minature crotch-rocket style. Fun though around town!
Course I'm an old dude at 69 myself!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Early Summer 2007 in Sacramento, and I'm riding my brand new '06 Scrammie home from the dealer. As I'm waiting at a stoplight, idling next to a school bus, I hear, "Hey, Mister!" I look around, and then up at the bus. A ten year old boy has opened his window and is leaning out, smiling in amazement. He gives me a big thumbs up and says, "What a cool bike!" I point back at him and shout out, "Thanks Man." and take off, thinking that my day had just been made, twice.

I could go on (you already know that these things happen to you on almost a daily basis), but if you're riding a Scrambler, you already get it. Yeah, these Triumphs are pretty great bikes, that's for sure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts