Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a highway that runs near my subdivision, about a quarter mile from the house. When things are quiet, sometimes we can hear bikes running up and down the road--usually the V-twins with drag pipes. But sometimes you can hear someone playing with their sportbike too. Last night we could hear someone with a pipe on an in-line four flying down the road. He was really moving and the bike was just wailing. My wife looked at me and said, "That doesn't sound anything like your bike. Yours is deeper and sounds better."

So, there you have it, from a totally unbiased source. My triple sounds better'n a four banger. :)
Of course, now I wonder if it's a good thing that she recognizes the sound of my bike flying down the highway.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My daughter moved back in with us (temporarily, I hope). The last week or so while it's been warm enough to ride the bike to work her dog has been waiting by the door when I get home. He's laying there with his head on his paws and a look on his face like, "What took you so long?" It never happens when I drive the truck, only when I ride the bike.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.