Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a highway that runs near my subdivision, about a quarter mile from the house. When things are quiet, sometimes we can hear bikes running up and down the road--usually the V-twins with drag pipes. But sometimes you can hear someone playing with their sportbike too. Last night we could hear someone with a pipe on an in-line four flying down the road. He was really moving and the bike was just wailing. My wife looked at me and said, "That doesn't sound anything like your bike. Yours is deeper and sounds better."

So, there you have it, from a totally unbiased source. My triple sounds better'n a four banger. :)
Of course, now I wonder if it's a good thing that she recognizes the sound of my bike flying down the highway.

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
LMAO!

I actually started taking a different route to work because my boss moved onto the street I used to take. I knew he knew the sound of my bike, & I just didn't like the idea of him knowing exactly when I was leaving the 'hood.

My ex also told me that the cat knew the sound of my bike.

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
8,112 Posts
I live on a really winding, hilly stretch of road in the countryside. You can hear the bikes fly around the right hand sweeper at the bottom of the property.

It is easy to pick the type of bike coming down the road. The triples always sound good. :)

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Kit...
when I lived and worked in UK, my cat used to ALWAYS be sitting in the window , waiting for me as I arrived.....usually at much different times, and not always on the same Bike ( courier...usually 4 Bikes on the go).

What's more, when my g/f was home before me, she would tell me the cat would stop what she was doing a full 5 minutes before I arrived......whatever the time....spooky, especially to me as a dyed in the wool dog person.

( my cat chose me......just appeared in my house one day.......amazing animal, amongst the best I have ever owned!!!!!)

·
Registered
181 Posts
My boss two jobs ago, used to live about a 1/2 mile away from me. I had a ZX6 with a Vance&Haines exhaust on it, and he would always tell if he was running late, by when I started the bike.

My wife says the stock muffler is too quiet, but I just a pair of SIDI boots, so I'll wait on the aftermarket.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My daughter moved back in with us (temporarily, I hope). The last week or so while it's been warm enough to ride the bike to work her dog has been waiting by the door when I get home. He's laying there with his head on his paws and a look on his face like, "What took you so long?" It never happens when I drive the truck, only when I ride the bike.

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
My wife looked at me and said, "That doesn't sound anything like your bike. Yours is deeper and sounds better." So, there you have it, from a totally unbiased source. My triple sounds better'n a four banger. :) Of course, now I wonder if it's a good thing that she recognizes the sound of my bike flying down the highway.
Better get her a bike of her own. That way, she'll ignore the sound of your bike and concentrate on the sound of hers. Maybe a nice Bonnie with Preds? Or a Street Triple with Arrows? :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts