Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
More wrong

The next stage is a small screen. and Mini flush mount indicators. placed into the cowling. Hard to see but the side lights are LED`s set in the cowling.

As the indicators look ugly! What just the indicators.....

It has very high motocross bars,and without the standard lights looks very off road. I will post more in better weather. Its snowing here.

Mike

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks

Thanks its a work in progress. Im sure someone whos good with Photo Shop can add the Micro flush mount indicators. Before I do.
I have been building a Trophy 900 and repairing my 1200 after it died on sunday. As soon as its rebuilt I will be back destroying the looks of the best naked bike ever.....Now where did I leave the BRITSH RACING GREEN PAINT!!

Mike.

·
Registered
453 Posts
yes please get rid of the 4-eyed looking signals.

But really, why on earth would you get rid of the thing that makes our Triumph Triples Triumph Triples? Those factory, bug-eyed headlights are one feature that should NEVER be changed. Sets us apart from those sport bike guys when coming head to head on the highway.

No intention to offend, just my honest opinion.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Most sport bikes have two headlights, you just can't notice them as easy because they are covered with a fairing. That's where the two headlight hooligan look came from. Semi-totaled sport bike owners that couldn't afford to replace the fairings, rocking their bikes naked instead.

I honestly don't see what the big deal is. The original speedy didn't even have two headlights.

IMHO, what set the speedy apart from the jap bikes is the flat power curve and the complete lack of fairings.

There are alot of reasons to buy a bike, but buying $11k bike because it has two headlights has got to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Most sport bikes have two headlights, you just can't notice them as easy because they are covered with a fairing. That's where the two headlight hooligan look came from. Semi-totaled sport bike owners that couldn't afford to replace the fairings, rocking their bikes naked instead.

I honestly don't see what the big deal is. The original speedy didn't even have two headlights.

IMHO, what set the speedy apart from the jap bikes is the flat power curve and the complete lack of fairings.

There are alot of reasons to buy a bike, but buying $11k bike because it has two headlights has got to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.
i agree with your assessment of the most prized values of the S3 (nekkid, and flat power curve that pulls like a beast) but i must admit that i see the twin headlights (sticking out like a sore thumb) being a rather endearing and iconic feature of the machine.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts