Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Just wanted to officially say "see ya later".
Some of you have noticed that my bonnie was suprisingly for sale in the classifieds forum. Well, it is now sold and the lucky new owner will be picking her up tonite. :(

Triumphrat.net has been a great place to hang out over the last 15 months. I just wanted to stop by one last time (ok, it won't be the last i'm sure) to say a big thanks to the site admins, owners, moderators, and of course all the members for the great advice and good times. I'm sure I will own a british twin sometime in the future when i can justify having a second bike.

Over the past year I learned a lot about motorycycling and what I needed/wanted from a bike. The main thing was that my new bike needed to do a better job at two up touring and long high speed rides. So after a bunch of research I picked up a new Suzuki V-Strom DL-650 affectionately known as the Wee-Strom. I don't want to start a bike war here, so let's just say that there were lots of things that made this the best choice of bike for me right now for what i want to be doing and leave it at that. I'll miss the soul and coolness of the bonnie, though. :cool:

And of course you know I couldn't possibly leave you without posting a couple last pics! That just wouldn't be me! :wink:
Don't forget to wave if you see this ugly stepchild bastard (the bike, not me) riding by. :-D

Out with the old.....

In with the new.....

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
D2!

Say it isn't so!

After all the time and effort we put into your paint scheme,
and this is the thanks we get?

Of course, its likely we actually drove you bonkers, and in a less than stable moment you sold the Tang...

Hey, be happy with the new ride, and if you need any advise......... yea, I know, you'll call us.

Cheers! :razz:

·
Registered
778 Posts
And the number one sign you're getting taken advantage of when selling your bike is.......

The buyer makes you include your dog

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Dennis, we'll miss you, fella. Nice new ride! Enjoy it and this phase of your motorcycling journey. It was always fine reading your posts. You made a real contibution here.

Remember, we'll leave the light on for you.

Monte :cool:

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. This is why I always liked it here. :)

Picked up the strom 3 weeks ago and have just under 1000 miles already. Woot!

But I'm heading home right now to take one more ride around the block on the bonnie before the new parents show up. I have to warm her up.... ya.... that's it....

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Well,Dennis,I`ll be sad to see you go. But Zuki makes a great bike.My last 2 bikes wore the badge proudly.I see those 650s everywhere and have never heard a bad word about them.Curious why not the 1000 if 2up long distance is your goal?Anyway,ride safe and btw,love the new rims. :-D Steve

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
On 2006-06-26 16:32, rodburner wrote:
Curious why not the 1000 if 2up long distance is your goal?Anyway,ride safe and btw,love the new rims. :-D Steve
Oh man, you know how I agonized over how to paint my fairing? It was tons worse trying to make the 650/1000 decision. For one, the 1000 was a little too tall for me, I was on my toes. Second, it was 50lbs heavier and the weight is up high. Third, the 650 engine just gets rave reviews and there is a stumble issue that is common with the 1000. Four, at this point in my riding career I was afraid the liter engine might be a little more than I could comfortably handle. Especially since the nature of the bike is a little more sport bike-esque than the bonnie. Since the 650 is quicker 0-60 than the T100 I figured I'd be happy enough with it for now. Maybe I will eventually upgrade to the liter at some point if I like the bike enough. Oh, and finally there was the cost savings.

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
Nothin wrong with switchin' ! I'm not perticularly fond of todays Jap stuff, but the Vstrom is one of the few i like a bit. Theres one that parks next to me at work often and i've looked it over a few times. If not for my fondness for modernized vintage designs like the speedy it might be on my list when looking for bikes if i were to go that way.

Ride it in good health, and see you in 6 months or a year or so when you buy your next triumph. :-D (Just ribbin ya......good luck, sorry your leavin')

·
Registered
633 Posts
The V-Strom is definitely on my short list… good choice on the 650 too. The price point on the Wee is just too good to pass up. Your Bonnie was looking sweet though. Nice job and congratulations.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
That may well be the most handsome paint job I've seen on a mini-Strom. Takes a REAL man to make a decision without the ego interferring.... and opt'ing for the smaller 650 is just that. There are hundreds of BMW R1150GS riders out there who have scrambled to buy the DL650 and now let their beastly Beemers gather dust from lack of use.

Aside from how nimble a bike that is, and how well the engine pulls, why don't you post a figure that'll impress the hell out of us Bonnie riders..... post how many miles you can go on a tank of gas.......

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Dennis,

You will be missed...I really enjoyed reading your posts. I've done some serious thinking about a touring bike myself...glad you got a ride better suited to your needs...now when you can afford 2 bikes... :-D

Larry

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
Ok boys, we've had enough of the lovey dovey.

D2, in the final analysis, has turned his tang back on all of us. He's over on the V-Strom forum going "Bwah hah hah" to all of us Brit bikers.

:mad:

:-D :-D :-D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.