Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...whenever I buy something from Brent and New Bonneville. I can't begin to say enough good things about how Brent has ALWAYS replied to my questions about his products and treated me as if he truly appreciates my business. I don't know where I'd be now without the guy, and all the help he's been more that happy to provide me.

To the complete contrary... there's Mike and BellaCorse. Sure it's a great place to window shop and wish for cool stuff. But I tell you what... Bonefide ain't the only member that will NOT let Mike see another dime of their money. Granted I haven't bought nearly as much there in the past as I have from New Bonneville. But this make the second time I've asked for dimensional information or specs on one of BCs products. This also makes the second time that I feel like I got blown-off. Makes me REALLY want to spend more of my hard-earned money there!!!

Brent responds in a matter of hours, if not minutes. Yet I have to wait days for a response from Racedweeb. Then I get some off-the-wall answer that's totally bogus. Latest example: I asked for the inside diameter of my BC SuperBars to ensure I bought the proper size Bar Snake for them. When Mike finally replied 18mm, I asked him again "Are you sure?" since that would make a wall thickness of 3.5mm or .138" (7 gauge steel) which I was almost certain was wrong. But I never even received a response to the follow-up question. So I bought the Bar Snake based on the information Mike gave me.

FYI Mike... you're SuperBars actually have an inside diameter of 21mm, NOT 18mm like you musta guessed at. So that makes a realistic wall thickness of 2mm or .079" (18 gauge steel). I guess now I'll just pull another $30 outta my freakin ass, and buy right size Snake this time. Thanks for all the great help Racedweeb!!!

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know, I know bassman... I'll probably be gettin lambasted from all sides for this. But I'm ticked-off enough that I wanted to get this out there, regardless.

Plus I did say all that GOOD stuff about my favorite place to buy from. :-D

·
Registered
537 Posts
Read it twice.

Oh boy...........

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Please Form Single Line Here to Beat Dog with Stick

I understand your concern guys... you probably cringe at the sight of a mangled dog carcass on the roadside too... that's real nice. But wait till Bonefide shows up... at least then I'll be slightly less outnumbered anyway.

But sarcasm is the dog's forte anyway guys, so ya'll keep 'em coming. And yes, my Momma taught me that when there's nothing nice to be said, don't say anything at all. So please save that one for later.

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
Bad dog.

A few nights in the kennel for ye.

:-|

·
Registered
11,041 Posts
Maybe you could have laid it out in a polite e-mail and asked him to make it right for you, or at least asked that he make sure that it doesn't happen again? I don't know if I would have had the patience, but I probably would not have posted like this.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh sure... I bet he wants to reimburse me so I can go buy the proper diameter Bar Snake, after I tried installing the wrong size.

Why didn't I just think to ask? :roll:

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
As an aside, dog, I like the smaller "signature."

The old model, while clever, was a bit over done, size wise...

Just my opinion.

Now back to the dog house... :knkknk:

·
Registered
40 Posts
I made the mistake of getting the crash bars for my TBA from
Bellacorse. They look great, but the mount leaves alot to be
desired. I called Mike to express my concern that I thought
the mounting was flimsey and he acted like I was speaking
Martian. I have since found a set of the discontinued MAWS
Bars. BC won't get any more of my money.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have to agree with you road_dog. I have tried to get some help from him, but have heard nothing. Kind of concerning. Brent is great and I will always buy from him.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
And I thought Bonefide was gonna wind up being my saving grace here. It looks like unclecharlie, and dave31grant know who deserves our business most though.

But here's the real kicker now. When I ordered the Snake first time I asked a couple of questions (like I usually do) and got an almost instant reply with real answers to my concerns. I was also given a phone number and asked to call with any more questions or if I needed any help when it came time for the installation. I didn't need to call then, but I called it tonight, in hopes of contacting someone and place my order for another snake. That means it was nearly 8pm their time, when I called.

What a great testimonial to customer service this turned out to be. Carter Powell is the owner, and who I spoke to. I told him the whole story and how it was NOT his fault. First he wanted me to send it back before he realized I had completely destroyed it. However, he insisted that he should sell me another snake at half price. For (get this) "letting" me purchase the wrong size. He's such an honest guy, he told me that he thought the Bonnies still had 7/8" bars and when I ordered the smaller size, basically he thought I was cool. It was NOT his fault at all IMO! But what a great guy!!!

He also mention that he was coming out with some new products real soon. Some bar end weight the he designed specifically for clip ons. And a cleaning product with the catchy name of "Snake Spit". Carter said that those will be added to their website soon... Stop Bad Vibes with BAR SNAKE.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Brent:
A gentleman, satisfying 'customer service', complete instructions with everything he sells, efficient delivery, polite answers to e-mail inquiry.

Mike:
"...if ya ain't got nothing nice to say..."

Vendors with 'stuff':
They don't hafta be nice, you don't hafta like 'em, and if they got what you want, some of 'em could care less what you think..... they care only about the 'bottom line'.
And if they DO have what I want, I can lay aside our differences and readily hand over my money..... as I have, more than once.
:cool:

(and I understand in some circles, they say I'm a prick too......)
:???:

Life goes on.

[ This message was edited by: Olderyoungster on 2007-03-12 22:32 ]

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I did consider the consequences... and I think maybe you missed my point. If I'd have bought the handlebars from anywhere that values customer relations, for whatever reason...
I wouldn't be paying for 50% of a new snake now. :hammer:

·
Registered
827 Posts
RD,
I believe if Bonafide was around he would be all over this. He contacted me the other day about some M bars I'm getting rid of and he said he was in some training classes. So he may still be out of town. I promise you, when he gets back, he'll chime in! :gooff: ">

1 - 20 of 58 Posts