Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i sold the Honda last night. Called triumph this morning. they sold the 08 with abs I was looking at so my next option and 09 w/o ABS. Which is actually what i wanted to begin with (no abs)

Abs is great but its another thing to go wrong and plus those that know how to ride tend to be easy on the brakes. So Im looking to pick it up either today or tomorrow depending on who can take me.
Very soon i get to be a cool kid!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I got lucky. The salesman didn't realize the bike I was looking at was an '09. He quoted me $10,499, then realized what he had done and I held him to it. Got the '09 for the '08 price. Bought it out of state. Man it sucked having to write that check for the taxes. Still don't understand how they can charge tax on freight and "set up". Hell, documentation fee, for that matter also

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That was the same for me. I got 11,5 out the door. Same as the 08 and i had to pay for frieght and all that stuff. But its home now and im pretty happy with the purchase.

One thing i noticed TWICE on the way home. shifting to 5th I got caught in between gears and found nueutral. I dont like this and will note it with the dealer as well.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Nice looking bike.

The false neutrals are somewhat a design feature.
They get less frequent as:
The bike warms up.
The oil shears down.
The transmission loosens up.
The owner adjusts.

I don't notice this happening any more at ~15k miles.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i didnt get to upeset about it since I had read this before. I will make a note of it though to the dealer for the just in case factor. I love the bike though. I finally figured out the luggage.

Next up the aux plug. But Ill start a new thread on that one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts