Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Ive been & done the deed today I had a phone call yesterday telling me that my local dealer had a speedy in 2 tone & to nip & look,consequently 1 test ride & price negotiations later,
I am now the proud owner of a 2 tone black/red speedmaster 2006 to complement 955 tigger.
cant wait till I fetch her in a week,s time
any tips on speedy ownership then its a bog stock bike no extra,s so where do I start?
where in uk for accessories Im looking at touring seat & sissy bar & rack.

cant wait till friday

·
Registered
627 Posts
Light kit. You can never have enough lights, people will see you. I have the Triumph light kit. Easy to install! :cool:

·
Registered
627 Posts
Jenks Bolts Motorcycle accessories.....Distributor....Jack Lilley Triumph U.K. :-D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Here's a tip, I don't know if you thought of it yet. The UK pound is worth roughly twice the US dollar. Buy what ever you're gonna buy from NewSpeedmaster.com or British-Customs.com or another US company and you'll end up paying half of what you would have paid at home.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I'm not so sure about 1/2, however I paid $818.39 U.S for my thunderbike pipes(from NZ):shipping & Freight Included.New Zealand would have been $1205.00 N.Z. Maybe 1/3 price savings. I could be wrong, but I think there sovereignty is England , although perhaps they may have a different monetary system in N.Z.

[ This message was edited by: speedblastr on 2007-05-27 16:54 ]

·
Registered
403 Posts
On 2007-05-26 19:02, Blacklion50 wrote:
Here's a tip, I don't know if you thought of it yet. The UK pound is worth roughly twice the US dollar. Buy what ever you're gonna buy from NewSpeedmaster.com or British-Customs.com or another US company and you'll end up paying half of what you would have paid at home.
Yeah...and then the highwayman that is Customs and Excise take more than what is fair from you before you can collect it......

There's Jenks, Custom Cruisers in Derbyshire, Tribal Accessories, M&P in Swansea. Google them for links.

Sissy bar...get the Triumph one. The Tall one though. I have concerns that others may not fit. Try ebay first, they are reguarly popping up on there. Just don't go over £150 you mayaswell go new... And as you have an offer of a sissy bar above...the 05 will fit on an 06. At least the one of my 03 America fits on my 06 America....

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hiya, Malc. Good to see another from our side of the puddle! Welcome. :) Where in the UK are ya from? I've not long had my Speedie (5 weeks) and I've just worked something out:

cost of bike=£5800

cost of bits(to date)=£1000+!!!

:???: :???: :???: :???:

It's a slippery slope...evidently!!

:-D :-D :-D :-D

neill

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im in derbyshire & have worked out the same with the accessories it annoys me that they are made in the uk but the american market has loads of bits & we can only get the oe triumph bits.

will arrange a meet as my uncle has a speedy too,roll on friday.

malc

1 - 10 of 10 Posts