Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, Imy 08 triple was very soft for riding, and recently I did tweaked both my front n rear suspension for hard riding n corners and was smiling away with it's drastic improvements. But the down side now is that when I happen to pull her hard n change gears be it up or down the bike tend to shake n wiggle abit in that split sec of transition. Scares me at times as I feel it kinda slippery feel n I might just slide the bike to a crash. Is this because the bike is too stiff now or ? Tires r still relatively new.

·
Registered
31 Posts
its good just dont change gears in corners. if it was bad u would bounce off the seat and lose traction on bumps in corners

·
Registered
84 Posts
Maybe fork legs raised through triple clamps too much and or rear spring pre-load wound up too much and affecting fork rake ? Have you got around 30mm sag in suspension with you on it ?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe fork legs raised through triple clamps too much and or rear spring pre-load wound up too much and affecting fork rake ? Have you got around 30mm sag in suspension with you on it ?
Nope, didn't do any measurements on it , when tweaking with rides n tries. Maybe I stiffen my front too much !!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
But it feels too good on corners with no bounce tho for hard riding n taking corners at high speed.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ok , it sounds like a bit of head shake which can happen when accelerating or braking .Maybe just relax your grip on the handlebar and use your knees to grip your bike if you like the way it corners now .
Regards Kevin .

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Kevin.
Any other advice or tips be appreciated. Dun non if I should soften the front sup a little !

·
Registered
173 Posts
IMHO spend $30 and have a professional do your suspension. they take measurements and make sure that the front and back move evenly and level. Best money I ever spent.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Sounds to me like you have your elbows locked when cornering.
As stated, grip the tank with your knees, relax your arms (bend your elbows) so you don't input the handlebars when shifting or hitting bumps, use clutchless upshifts, especially in corners. Using the clutch in corners can upset the bike.
Hope this helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.