Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a thruxton gel seat on my bonnie black, and i could SWEAR at some point down the line i saw a thread where a user posted that the cowl wouldn't work with a fender elimination kit.

i have the lucas style fender eliminatioin from brit customs, and was wondering if this would present any problem at all??

eitheir that or this thread is something i think i found in my head, but doesn't really exist...LOL.

eitheir way, anyone know of any possible conflict?

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
The cowl mounts to the seat ONLY. (The rear of the cowl hooks on the back of the seat, and the front of the cowl is attached with screws on both sides of the seat.) It has absolutely nothing to do with the fender, or lack thereof.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The cowl mounts to the seat ONLY. (The rear of the cowl hooks on the back of the seat, and the front of the cowl is attached with screws on both sides of the seat.) It has absolutely nothing to do with the fender, or lack thereof.
i think i remember what the issue is after looking at my bike for a bit. the FEK brings teh taillight for the most part right under the seat (with the gel seat i probably have an inche of clearance whereas the stock was litterally touching the tail light) and i think one user said the cowl couldnt hook into the back of the seat cuz the taillight was now in the way or something?

does that sound like more of a possible issue?

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Are you sure the FEK is from BC? Looking at their website I can only find a 'cat eye' FEK... no 'Lucas style" FEK. Regardless of what style or where it was purchased, you can look at the picture on BC website with their FEK installed. It shows it mounted under a gray top contemporary seat. You can see the recess under the seat that the cowl hooks into. As long as that recess isn't obstructed by your brakelight, you'll be OK.

see pic... http://www.british-customs.com/british-customs-cat-eye-fender-eliminator-kit.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts