Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
On the link it says that a billet 14mm master cylinder is available to "complete the system" You have an 11mm master cylinder as stock so the upgrade may not work as well as you'd like. If you have a newer Thruxton with 1 inch bars an early Rocket 3 14mm master cylinder is a straight swap I think, but check for sure. And there are pages and pages of threads on bleeding your front brake afterwards :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ISR

Hello Capt,

I like the Pretech unit as well. However the ISR is a quality set up and comes with a rotor, a nice one. The looks is good to me.

They are saying its bolt on and I do not need another MC .... "need" .... if someone had some experience here I would pull the trigger on the ISR setup.

Otherwise, Pretech or maybe Beringer ... I really want a "kit" with rotors and HH pads.

Perfect would be if someone, maybe a supplier had experience with all of them.

CC

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Here's a package I offer for around the same price. It has a Pretech 6 pot differential bore billet caliper, EBC Contour rotors (or round equivalent if you prefer), matching EBC pads and a custom Spiegler brake hose. The Pretech has been proven to work great with the stock Master Cylinder, so no need to replace it. An option would be adding a matching rear brake hose, only needed if you're changing color, otherwise the stock hose is well up to the task. All parts are available individually.

/M

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Siskiyou,

Love the Harrier! What are you running for brakes? Can you post a pic of the bike? It looks great!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Brazil Trumpet

Hello Mike,

I will give you a call during the week to discuss brake options and parts. I will be back in the states during the summer and will do a parts run south!

Thanks for the help.

Regards, Chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts