Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
Watch the two Steve Platter ones also.
Man, I can't even think about getting on the scooter after watching these.

·
Premium Member
24,384 Posts
Keewl!

Very nice indeed denoose.:thumbsup:

One of my favourite past times is to watch Irish road racing & the Ilse of man TT.

That is the most exhilarating racing to watch and must require the utmost courage and skill (and maybe you have to be a bit crazy), it is a very very dangerous circuit.............but wow what a buzz:YellowWow:

I would like the no music but engine noise sound track preferably though!:)

DaveM

·
Registered
3 Posts
We had some great TV coverage every night in the UK- including some very high tech cameras that captured the deformity of the tyres and suspension after the big jumps- amazing footage.

Of course Rossi will never do the TT (can't blame him!) but I wonder how he would get on after learning the course- many of the guys who do well like John McGuinness and Guy Martin do not do well at short circuits- its a completely different discipline.

·
Premium Member
24,384 Posts
Welcome

Hi and welcome to the forum guzzirider:)

I agree it is a very different type of racing to a dedicated race track purpose built.

Don and I ask all our new members to please read our forum stickies.

thank you and enjoy the forum,
DaveM:)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Rossi was interviewed at the TT and he said there`s no room for error and you need a lot of balls for road racing.DaveM if you like bike racing you have to come to Ireland and see NW200 or Skerries are my favorites :)

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
Our local pro, 2x AMA champion , Daytona etc. Has been running the TT, Macao. Not sure about the NW200..
The first time at the TT he got the gong for the fastest lap times for a newbie. Not bad. I understand he's had some difficulties. DNF's bike not being able to make it on fuel.
Here he was the Corona rider a few years ago but had some bad injuries and quite awhile in rehab.

·
Premium Member
24,384 Posts
Rossi was interviewed at the TT and he said there`s no room for error and you need a lot of balls for road racing.DaveM if you like bike racing you have to come to Ireland and see NW200 or Skerries are my favorites :)
I would enjoy that immensely, and one day I might be able to afford a visit:)
My Mother was from Ballyutogue in County Antrim near Belfast, Northern Ireland.

DaveM:cool:

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Excellent link Denoose... Amazing how fast those guys go and how far over they get those bikes..... absolutely awesome stuff! I can only imagine what a blast that must be.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I would enjoy that immensely, and one day I might be able to afford a visit:)
My Mother was from Ballyutogue in County Antrim near Belfast, Northern Ireland.

DaveM:cool:
There you Dave i`m sure you could find a relative to stay with and there is racing for most of the summer and pints of guinness what more could you ask for.:D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Gravy apart from the weather it sounds like paradise!:D

DaveM
Yeh were really a mediterrian people in Ireland but the weather keeps letting us down:D.I,m off to the airport as we speak heading to the north of Spain for a couple of weeks with the family we Irish have to pay for our sunshine .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts