Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
The DID VM is an OK chain. That is OEM fitment on 1050s.

Triumph OEM front sprocket has damper rubbers on the sides that the pictured one does not seem to have. Both will work as well, but if you are anal about whirring vibration/noise, then get the original Triumph item.

RE: rear sprocket: I like steel. Tried aluminium, but one has to tighten chain slack more often with these, so moved back to steel again. 44 teeth is good for 1050s for a bit more eager acceleration. 44 will still fit on standard length chain.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Pretty much as long as it says X-ring and 530 made by either DID or RK you are getting a pretty good chain.

The sprockets will be fine as long as they are steel. Aluminum really shoudl only be used on race machines, because the first time you get any chain stretch or it gets a little to lose the damned things start throwing teeth. I prefer Sprocket Specialties for my cogs but I've never gotten "bad" sprocket for my triple.

I don't know the gearing on the 1050 off the top of my head, but then it just depends on what you do with the bike. I run a LOT of extra teeth, but thats becuse I don't care about top-speed, I want it to to yank my shoulders off when I gun it, and jump off curves like a scalded cat...oh yeah....and slow me down on the highway since I'm tuning 6 grand at 85, so I notice when the exhaust starts wailing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts