Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
I think yes. When battery longevity can equal a tank of gas, electric motorcycles will make sense. The power should be very linear and enough to scare most of us silly.
The sounds of air whistling past w/o the accompanying thunder will be missed. Maybe we can put cards in our spokes? :D

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
MCN just carried a report of a new version that has a gearbox and a control that can regulate the motor so it can ridden more economicaly (ie using less charge for longer range) or hard n fast (using more charge but lower range) Just like a petrol engine infact.

The technology is moving on. all they need to sort is the recharge time or a way to charge one set of batteries while the bike is moving under the other set. Should be possible I'd have thought. Just need to fit a charghing system to the flywheel. Then when one set runs out flip a switch to charge them whilst running on the charged battery. Theoreticaly like that you need never stop.

·
Registered
554 Posts
There's a lot of talk about electric cars and bikes these days but so far I haven't heard where all that extra electricity needed is supposed to come from, we're a bit short on the stuff as it is.

·
Premium Member
17,294 Posts
Just need to fit a charghing system to the flywheel. Then when one set runs out flip a switch to charge them whilst running on the charged battery. Theoreticaly like that you need never stop.
Well there you go; perpetual motion, courtesy of the Biker Hang Out. Wonder why no one ever thought of it before!?

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Wonder if anyone makes a fender elimination kit for it :p

Hydrogen power is way cooler and conforms to our current way of life. The only exhaust is water, and you don't have to burn more fossil fuel to make it. I wish companies would just quit with all this electric-only business and focus their resources on developing that avenue more. Tons of companies have working models. Honda, GM etc. There's even the ENV motorcyle. And there are already hydrogen fueling stations in California and elsewhere. It's the way of the future.

·
Premium Member
22,706 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,150 Posts
Well there you go; perpetual motion, courtesy of the Biker Hang Out. Wonder why no one ever thought of it before!?
The 2nd Law of Thermodynamics; Entropy?

·
Premium Member
22,706 Posts

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
Do you think I'm onto something with this dual battery pack idea?

In a similar vein what about this?

Now don't laugh. It looks mad but what if the motor also doubled as a compressor. Surely you could just use the atmosphere to run the thing? While it was running on the compressed air tank it could be sucking in air and compressing more to continualy replenish the tank. Might be good for small city pop pops.

Ok go on then laugh now!:D

1 - 20 of 40 Posts