1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
This ones a beauty, I buddy of mine bought one new. He called it the Prince, cause he said it was the prince of British motorcycles.
This one looks in very good shape, and I imagine will fetch a good price. These bikes are great, buy it!:D

·
Super Moderator
21,255 Posts
Definitely looks pretty nice - who knows what reserve might be however

Coincidentally just saw a BSJ listed in Reno - http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy/3296930788.html

Incidentally the Ebay listing from the first post is incorrect - was not to celebrate Queen's Birthday but her Silver Jubilee (duhh, hence the name :p ) - 25 year anniversary on throne
I remember the Street Parties that were arranged everywhere.

This is a UK model - note the orthagonal tank - was always envious of all the US Bonneville & Trident models of that time who got the Teardrop tanks.

·
Super Moderator
21,255 Posts
....oh my:D Look at the blue painted lace wheels ...
You think? Even after you point it out, I would still have doubted that is not just some hue in the crappy image.

Edit - you know what? Take a look at the image I posted above - and also the EBay listing - it looks like the wheels actually DO have that center section of the rim with the Blue/White/Red stripe ........

Click on the image to display it full size and you will clearly see it.

And this image from the EBay ad .........

The bike otherwise looks reasonable for the price and mostly original at casual glance

But I have no personal knowledge of it - just caught my eye when doing my routine search for Trident

Attachments

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
From the look of it, it's very yummy.
Make sure engine AND frame have the J stamped into them. I saw the one on the engine which is correct.
There should also be paperwork with the bike stating what number it is.
I've had mine since 1986, she's my milk runner now, but wow do I have some beautiful memories.
2003 I rode it to Phillip Island for the moto GP, received free three day pass and bike was put in the show and shine didn't win, the competition but I still won. All up around 3000k's (1877miles) sweet as a nut. Mates said I was nuts but bah what do they know.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Yes, the one in the post has the interstate tank on it, the only ones I ever saw around here had the American teardrop tank. The lace wheels came with a blue center strip with white and red pinstripes.
I really like that one with the big euro tank, nice pic.

·
Premium Member
2,363 Posts
Definitely looks pretty nice - who knows what reserve might be however

This is a UK model - note the orthagonal tank - was always envious of all the US Bonneville & Trident models of that time who got the Teardrop tanks.
You know I was looking at that thinking that the tank on it was all wrong and should have been square and that maybe someone was trying to pull a fast one. Never realised that they got nicer tanks on them in the States. That's much nicer.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
the "breadbox" tank dosent look half as good as the "teardrop" tank. Go for the teardrop.
Unless rubbers get you excited. lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Headed to look at the 77 Bonnie this afternoon. I don't know if I have enought to get it, but gonna try if all looks well. Any additional things to look for would be great (hint, hint, like what's this thing worth)! Thanks again

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I looked at the '77. It is a beauty but we couldn't get together on price. I offered $3500 but he turned it down feeling that it would bring more on the auction. I ended up buying a really nice 72 Daytona in original paint from him for less money. I kind of wanted a 650, but rode the 500 and it is a snappy bike, and fits me perfectly. Happy riding!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Jam Congratulations on your new stead, Can I ask what the guy wanted for the Jubilee, as I am after a USA tanked model to go with my UK Breadbin SJ

Andrew

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, he didn't give a price, because it was up for auction and all I had was $3500. He felt that it would go quite a bit more. I rode the Daytona today to work, and absolutely love it! It has only 4,200 miles on it but counting.

·
Registered
118 Posts
been showing this beauty for a year now and recently won the dayton concours as best in show
has 800 original miles and everyone loves to look at the detail with the hand painted extras
i will be installing the original red line dunlops for future shows as the machine is a trailer queen and want to keep at as factory as i can

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
been showing this beauty for a year now and recently won the dayton concours as best in show
has 800 original miles and everyone loves to look at the detail with the hand painted extras
i will be installing the original red line dunlops for future shows as the machine is a trailer queen and want to keep at as factory as i can
Very very nice, Andrew

1 - 18 of 18 Posts