Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says... does anyone know?

I did a search and it was inconclusive. There seems to be one for the Daytona 675 so wouldn't it work in the Striple?

If so does anyone have a part number or source?

My dealer didn't know if there was one available.

·
Super Moderator
4,753 Posts
Here's a link to the Triumph racing parts catalog for the Daytona 675. The slipper clutch is on page 23 and yes it will work with the Street Triple.

http://triumph.co.uk/media/DaytonaRaceKitManualIssue_2.pdf

With that said I can't see a need for it on the Street it has very little engine braking and a very smooth on off throttle transition. If you are going to be doing a lot of track time I could maybe see getting it but you would be better off with a Daytona in that case anyway. Something that is rarely mentioned when people talk about slipper clutches is clutch plate life. Depending on how you ride I've heard of clutch plates in a slipper clutch wearing out anywhere from 1,000miles to 10,000miles.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perfect thanks for the info.
The Striple will be my back up bike and used primarily for track days.
No douobt the Daytona would be a better choice but I am awaiting surgery on my shoulder and the riding position of the Daytona would cripple me.

Although the more I read about the bike the more I am likely to use it a lot more often.

Can't wait to get it.
As I have never seen one in person, they sold that fast, I have booked a flight to the Toronto MC Show on Dec 13th. I want to try the "R" and the regular to see which is more comfortable.

thanks again.
Gary

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
$1200.00 for a slipper clutch, I don't think so.
I thought it would be half of that.

Oh well I will do without.

Gary

1 - 5 of 5 Posts