Triumph flyscreen
Triumph rubber knee pads

Is it a custom yet?

[ This message was edited by: DrEnglish on 2006-12-11 17:49 ]

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Doc,

I would guess that your bike is a custom. Isn't the definition of custom 'made to one's own specs' or something like that ?

Also how did you like the Nology coil and wires ?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Is it a custom yet?
Nope.

You need at least, uhh... THREE TIMES that amount of modifications. Yeah.
Better get to it man.

:-D :-D :-D

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Flyscreen
Chrome Levers/Pedals
Master Cyl Cover
Mufflers
Chrome Side Stand
High Back Rest
Clutch Lifter Cover
Center Stand
Chrome Chain Guard
Chrome Head Cover
Chrome Side Covers
Handle Bars
Corbin Seat
Deflector Shield
Front Fender
Rear Fender
Lucas Tail Light
Rear TS Reloc
Rear Bulllet TS pr.
Chrome Plate Bracket
Custome Plate Screws
K&N Filter
Oil Temp Gauge
Chrome Choke Knob
Carb Bolts
Ikon Rear Shocks
Ikon Fork Spriongs
Chrome Cable Bracket
Ext Seat Bolts
Chrome Side Cover Bolts
Passenger Peg Cover
Front TS Reloc
Front Bullet TS
Bar End Mirrors
AI Removal
Chrome Control Bolt Kit
Chrome Engine Bolts
LSL Case Guards
BC AirBox Removal
BC Intake Manifolds
Pozzo Racing Levers
Stainless Brake Lines
Speed Bleeders
Helmet Lock
Xenon Bulbs
Taillight Modulator
16T CS Sprocket
BC Stage 1 Cams
BC Ignition Box
BC Big Bore Kit
Cruz Tool Kit

It's getting close!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Ahhh, maybe it's time to stop buying MC parts and time to invest into a nice digital camera. I for one, would love to see some photos of your bike.

Custom? Yes, and then some.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, now that Brooksie has posted his mods, I won't feel guilty about spending more money on my bike. Brooks, are you sure there's still a Bonnie in there?

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Underneath it all is the heart of a beast. The bike was a blast to ride bone stock, and it is even more fun with the performance mods. I figure to keep the bike forever, so why not go for it. I suppose I could've bought a new 1098 Ducati instead of all this, but it is NOT a Bonneville.

[ This message was edited by: Brooksie on 2006-12-11 19:00 ]

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Rodburner, that's some reflector shave! Just gotta keep modding, I guess.

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
English,its a sickness,pure and simple.My problem is that I need 4 more Bonnies so that I can devote my parts pile to the various genre of bikes.Trying to make a cafecruuzerbobberhooligan and a classic rider is making me lose sleep at night. I`ve got 3 fenders in the garage,just for the front alone.I have 2 e-bay seats in transit and a pile of exhaust tubing sitting on a loading dock in California. I can hardly wait for my Christmas bonus so I can REALLY get rollin'. :-D

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
rod, here's my next idea...custom seat pan with sportster tank tail section/cowl, and integrated side covers.

I have to rig something up to be able to bend the sides down, but I'm going to try to make it in as few pieces as possible, but it will all be welded together in once piece.

I want to cut out some vent holes for the pod filters too...I expect to be done sometime in the next 1-12 months.

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
Dr & Brooksie...

Wow...they both sound custom to me!

What I'd like to know is... what, respectively, were your top three or four favorite mods?? I mean the ones that made such a difference you wouldn't want to do without them no matter what. I'm assuming exhaust...suspension... then I think, "never assume".

Which mod(s) were the most difficult/frustrating/challenging/PIA
to get fully sorted...? Any mods either of you gave up on?

Cheers,

D9

[ This message was edited by: D9 on 2006-12-11 23:31 ]

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
Sweat,I made a buck from layers of plywood then just hammered the sheetmetal over the edges.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
D9--

Well...the five favorites would probably be...

TORs (or any aftermarket equivalent)--for the increased responsiveness and the sound
Airbox removal kit--wakes up the bike
Pazzo levers--really gives a feeling of quality and makes the bike nicer to ride.
Ikon suspension--better ride and handling
CRG bar-end mirrors--look great, nice to see what's behind me when in traffic

The mods that I've had and removed...

Heli-bars...great for comfort and upright riding position. I didn't need them after a while 'coz a chronic back injury has been much better since I started doing a LOT of ab and back exercises at the gym

Napoleon bar ends...left with the Heli-bars 'coz I didn't have an easy way to mount them to the stock bars

Fender elimination kit and smaller, relocated signals...bulbs kept blowing...I think the rigid mounting and harsh roads conspired to cause the filaments to break. Plus, I decided I actually like the fender after all.

Loobman oiler...dumped too much oil on the chain. Prolly not installed right. Just went back to chain lube wax for now.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
DrEnglish has forced me to tabulate my modification purchases and I'm at $2974 according to my spreadsheet. Will it ever stop? I haven't even started on the brakes yet :-D .

Shorty

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Shorty-I keep my totals a very dark secret....you never know. The best mods out of this bunch were:
1) Fork springs and Shocks. (transformed the bike)
2) Corbin Smuggler. (Comfort and looks)
3) Bar End Mirrors- (best mirrors I ever had)

Since the bike is at the Triumph Doctor for the Big Bore kit & cams, will have to hold open on those until spring when I can really thrash it and see what gives. As far as functionallity goes, I would rate the replacement fasteners a biggie. Makes it a lot easier to tinker without stripping all thsoe sub-standard Triumph fasteners.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
On 2006-12-12 06:19, Shorty wrote:
DrEnglish has forced me to tabulate my modification purchases and I'm at $2974 according to my spreadsheet.
I made an executive decision NOT to add up my "investment" in the bike. More on the way...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts