Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
7,805 Posts
One of the digits in the VIN number is a 7 to signify 07 model. I think it`s the first digit of the second part of the number, which would indicate that your is an 07 model. It`s the same digit in every vin, I`ll double check with the dealer, which one it is. All the dealer floorstock at my local are 07, in the latest colours, white and green. They are showing an 11/06 compliance which is only 1 month away from the 10/06 compliance in your pics. I`ll be there tomorrow and will get exact verification for you.

[ This message was edited by: welshrob on 2006-11-30 06:25 ]

· Premium Member
7,805 Posts
The 11th character of your VIN number is the model year. If it was an 06, that digit would be a 6.

YOUR BIKE IS DEFINATELY AN 07 MODEL.

I can`t comment on the exhaust, because when I was there today, I didn`t have the necessary info about the difference. What the mechanics did tell me, was that they do get occasional small differences like that in batches, as some countries have different emission laws etc. and the bikes may not always end up in the country they were intended for, depending on order volumes etc. Demand in Australia is exceptionally high at the moment and some of S3`s around may have been diverted from other destinations

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.