Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
It isn't just you. It is quiet. Being here now is like being in the most alien of foreign countries. I've traveled around a lot of the world, but the only place I felt like I was on another planet was in China.

That's the way I feel here.....like I'm on another planet.

I guess a site upgrade was due - but boy, the change here is beyond dramatic. I feel lost. And I'm a computer geek with about 30 years in computers. But then I'm an old far* too, and have to admit that at 74, I don't like change.

The whole look and feel feels totally foreign.

Navigation is foreign.

Peoples well-known signatures are missing.

Regardless - Merry Christmas to all.......

GN
Gator

Merry Christmas to all and to all a Good Night...

K

·
Premium Member
3,397 Posts
Peg -

Good to "hear your voice" again. Thanks. Agree on the flags.

Merry Christmas to all too......... ;-)

GN

·
Registered
278 Posts
Happy Christmas all, I was not really referring to the new forum style, more to longstanding members where they seem to have totally unsubscribed. Can't got to their info page.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Do they have internet in the in the 'homes'...…big Xmas present "Dad, this old house is just too big for you, and that dangerous motorcycle you keep riding, we have got you a nice place to live at Slumberglades"
😆😆😆

·
Super Moderator
12,503 Posts
Still in Germany, but thought I'd check in and kibitz a while. Much to do yet, my wyfe fractured her radius while skiing in Switzerland, so trying to arrange surgery to repair it here before we fly back on the 3rd (probably save more than enough money on the surgery to pay for the entire 2-weeks-plus vacation!)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Sorry to hear that!
Be carefull , I had a good friend hurt her leg skiing in Germany. On the way back to South Africa she developed a clot from the accident. On getting home she had some physiotherapy which dislodge the clot leading to a stroke.

Be sure to tell the doctors you are flying and get their recommendation about moving around in the plane and / or blood thinners.

·
Premium Member
3,397 Posts
Praying for your wife, Paul - please keep us posted......

GN

Still in Germany, but thought I'd check in and kibitz a while. Much to do yet, my wyfe fractured her radius while skiing in Switzerland, so trying to arrange surgery to repair it here before we fly back on the 3rd (probably save more than enough money on the surgery to pay for the entire 2-weeks-plus vacation!)

·
Registered
569 Posts
Continuing to puzzle over how Mr. Lucas continues to haunt my bike, despite the fact that I have replaced the entire electrical system. My right rear turn signal wasn't working. Couldn't trace the open. Hit the horn button and my horn started working again (I have been avoiding pulling the tank to work on it). Magically my turn signal started working again. Go figure.

·
6,436 Posts
Hi,

right rear turn signal wasn't working. Couldn't trace the open. Hit the horn button and my horn started working again
Magically my turn signal started working again.
Handebar switch cluster needs cleaning out?

Have you added dedicated (Red) return wires from each turn signal, connected into the bike's existing Red wires' network? These weren't ever fitted originally.

Standard or pattern harness?

Does the horn have a dedicated (Red) return wire connected into the bike's existing Red wires' network?

Does your bike have a ring terminal with a number of Red wires bolted somewhere on the engine? If so, have you checked one of those Red wires actually connects to battery +ve? Even 'original Lucas' sometimes forgot this one, :rolleyes: the return path then through sundry engine and cycle parts worked for a while, but after forty-odd years ...

Hth.

Regards,

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
I’m back. I haven’t been around for a while because the forum decided to quit recognizing my password yet again. My security clearance was easier to get than a new password around here. But, for the time being, I’m back.

·
Super Moderator
12,503 Posts
I'm back home as well. Wyfe is still at our son's house in Germany having undergone surgery that ended up requiring general anesthetic and 2 more days in hospital; she'll fly home Wednesday.

I see that there is quite a bit of posting going on in the last couple of days, so maybe this thread is redundant!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts