Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still got the envelope with the Christmas money in it! I'm off to France in May and thought that I'd invest in an autocom. I see however that their currently discounted by quite a bit which indicates to me any way that their spec is about to change. A couple of years back I flirted with a Midland Bluetooth set which frankly was shocking. I'm wondering if autocom are about to go bluetooth and this is the reason for the sell off of current kit. I know autocom stuff is good but I'm wondering if I should wait and see if new products are on the way.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I asked the same question on the Autocom stand at Birmingham Motorcycle show. The guy was very scathing about Bluetooth. I think they're launching/have launched something new, but not BT. They consistently say BT is not stable enough. Give them a ring. They're nice chaps.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Bag a bargain

I had a blue tooth intercom and it was rubbish. I bought a heavily discounted Autocom (50%)and wished I bought it first time round as it is very good kit. It is proven quality these wireless thingies do not cut the mustard (IMHO)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Here in Australia Suzuki are doing a free Autocom offer with their naked bikes - may be coincidence or perhaps they can get a soon to be obsolete model v cheap. I seem to recall they did a similar thing with Tom Tom Sat Nav just before a significant change. Just a thought.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
If I was you, I would lurk http://www.ukgser.com/forums/ here

they have contacts with the factory and are more likly to answer your question.

whatever you do dont tell them black tiger sent you:D
Well, you see, they don't know me as blacktiger over there so you might be safe.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I use Q2 Bluetooth comms for rider-pillion, bike-to-bike, sat-nav, speed camera warning, mobile phone, FM radio, and MP3. I agree it can be a b*****d to get set-up right and it's a steep learning curve, knowing when to wait or interfere with settings. But when its working it's fantastic. IMHO the only thing Bluetooth is not good at is music, but I'm not a big fan of music on the go anyway.

I've used Autocom in the past for a few years and whilst the quality is good it's dated compared to the full duplex speach of Bluetooth. I got a little tired of me or my pillion trying to pull the bike over too!

I'm sure Autocom will be coming up with something better soon (they'll have to) but they were very cagey over speaking about it at last the NEC show ?

·
Registered
186 Posts
They Have :eek:

I looked at the Autocom website and all the old stuff (pre 2009) is 50 % discount and they show images of all the new stuff.

They have gone down the Bluetooth road (which they have critisised in the past). Hard wired the helmet to a small hub, then rider/pillon both have this hub which is bluetooth.

I think I still prefer the simplicity and lack of wiring of my Cardo Teamset ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers Rat

I've read the review and I'm content to go with the discounted kit. Its reputation goes before it. I had a Midland bluetooth set previously and was disappointed with its performance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts