Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

yesterday I tested 800 xrx. I went on a short ride and it felt ok. But since I've seen photo of me sitting on a bike I can't stop thinking that it's maybe too small for me. I'm 192 cm, that's 6"3

I know XC is taller but right now there's none used on the market. And since distance from seat to peg is the same...

What do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
:agree

·
Registered
218 Posts
I’m wishing I had your problem. I’m 5’6” on a really good day..

·
Registered
35 Posts
I’m 6’3” & ride a 800 XRT which is comfortable for me all day long. All I did was reverse the handlebar mounts so they were slightly more forward which solved the initial shoulder ache.

·
Registered
132 Posts
The XC is only about 1 inch taller. I'm 5'8" and while I ride an XRx, the XC is comfortable to me as well. Personally if you have to do that much to the bike, you should go taller (unless you get some sort of screaming deal that makes it worth it). Like someone said - plenty of used ones around on Cycletrader.

I know I looked at a BMW 800GS and they are tall. Since they came out with the 850, you may find a leftover for cheap. Good luck!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Set up the seat at the highest position and i don’t think you look big on the bike. The tiger is a big motorcycle the XC is taller on the suspension not on your seat to pegs ratio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
I would recommend going with the taller bike. For me at 5’ 8” my xrx was good, but you seem a little cramped . If you get a good deal then add an after market seat that’s higher and flip handle bar forward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
233 Posts
free mod is pop the rubber inserts off the foot pegs and you "drop" the pegs by an inch. Made my legs alot more comfortable at 6'1. Plus I prefer eh feel of metal under my boots anyway

1 - 11 of 11 Posts