Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1721 - 1732 of 1732 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hello - New to the Group - Have some Questions

Hello everyone! I got my first Triumph, a 2004 Thruxton on July 2018. I've been riding it almost everyday since. It's currently in the shop from a low side into a curb from avoiding a truck that thought they could make a turn in front of me. I walked away with a banged up shoulder but my poor bike took most of the damage. It has a softball sized hole in the engine case, scratched up mufflers, and two broken pegs. I can't wait to get it back.

Does anyone know how to tell, without having to purchase and return every Triumph part, which parts fit from newer or older models?

Do 2009 Thruxton foot pegs fit a 2004?

Sorry if this is covered. Point me in the right direction at least, please.

Hope everyone is well and riding safe.
Did any one get back to you mate?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
My first "modern" Triumph. Had 1967 Trophy years ago. Do like the motor for sure. 2010 bought as you see it. "Pedestrian slicer" logo - West Ham United Football Club
397.JPG

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello everyone! My first Triumph here (2015 America LT) . Love the bike compared to the only other cruiser i ever owned (Honda shadow phantom), runs smoother and looks better in my opinion. Here's a couple pictures of the beauty.

efc3dc1f-4e47-4380-9480-5fc9d1da9988.jpg
88120353-c934-47db-b1b1-fa3d0617fd1d.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

My first Triumph motorcycle, a black 2012 Bonneville Mag Wheel.
Love the bike! The first thing I did to it was to put some EMGO reverse cone mufflers.
They are loud ! I like them, but I am looking at the longer version of these for a little bit less noise.

After installing the EMGO mufflers, imediately a "popping" orchestra while on deceleration.
Solved it easily. I will open another topic about it.

Best regards.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I hear Triumph makes cool motosickles. Well I gots me one just to see if it makes me cool. :cool::LOL:

2015 model, low miles, came with a set of D&D slipons. I'm ready to slap those puppies on and get her remapped, she seems pretty lean from the factory. Anyone have any suggestions on mapping?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I hear Triumph makes cool motosickles. Well I gots me one just to see if it makes me cool. :cool::LOL:

View attachment 716660

2015 model, low miles, came with a set of D&D slipons. I'm ready to slap those puppies on and get her remapped, she seems pretty lean from the factory. Anyone have any suggestions on mapping?
Well I've had my scrambler for 12 months now and I'm still waiting for some of the bikes coolness to rub off onto me, not sure how long it takes :unsure: :),
As for remapping , on my scrambler i went for a Triumph Twin Power ECU tune with their Breathe airbox inlet and the airbox baffle removed,
Runs great and gives a healthy boost to torque and HP

·
Registered
2 Posts
I passed my Mod 1 earlier this week (with 0 minors). Got my Mod 2 booked for next week. Hoping it all goes well as I just put a deposit down on this little beauty - 2013 Bonneville......with only 1397 miles on it! I think the original owner must have only ridden it 2 days a year or something. Anyway, it is being delivered some time next week, so hopefully I'll get to take her out on the road next weekend.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I passed my Mod 1 earlier this week (with 0 minors). Got my Mod 2 booked for next week. Hoping it all goes well as I just put a deposit down on this little beauty - 2013 Bonneville......with only 1397 miles on it! I think the original owner must have only ridden it 2 days a year or something. Anyway, it is being delivered some time next week, so hopefully I'll get to take her out on the road next weekend.

Good luck with part 2 of your test (y)
That Bonnie looks good , perfect for a newly qualified rider

1721 - 1732 of 1732 Posts