Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1701 - 1720 of 1729 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi - Triumph 2013 Bonnie

Hi,

I've had this 2013 Bonnie for about 2 years now. Have changed the exhaust with custom remap, and various bolt ons, different handlebars, mirrors, rear suspension, indicators. Wish I had the ability and money to be a bit more radical, but it is my go to bike and I want to keep it practical, so not sure about a tail tidy etc. Also just got a second hand BC seat but can't make my mind up on it. It's very comfortable but raises the seat height quite a lot, not sure if it looks good or too bulky.

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
^^^ To my eye the seats are a coin toss, they both work in their own way.
Tell me about the exhaust....brand, sound, quality?
Thx.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The exhaust is a Tec 2:1 Tracker. They are a budget system but the quality on mine looks fine, could have neater welds but not so it worries me. Stainless steel, Nice noise without baffle but I keep mine in because I sometimes use it very early in the morning. Sounds much better than stock even with baffle in. Tec parts seem to divide opinion, they are clearly built to a budget, but mine lined up perfectly and took no time to fit. I'm very happy with the look and sound, and it weighs a fraction of the stock one as well.

Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
New (to me) Thruxton

I've been riding a 800 pound cruiser for 10 years. Just turned 67, decided it's time to get something much lighter, much better handling, and much more fun. Scored a '14 Thruxton with under 1000 miles with considerable upgrades. This seems to be the place to learn more about my new "little" bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hey phatstrat. Great looking ride. Nice upgrades too. Are you still on stock shocks, springs and tires? Those are high on the list for a lot of air cooled riders.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just got one too, same year and colors as your, it has 5,500 miles but I'm already doing a carburetor rebuild job , cause it was free flowing fuel to the filter Airbox and engine, I guess is a common problem with the float valve adjustments.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi guys ive been running and upgrading my 2007 Bonneville for about 2 years and still love it.Its perfect for what I do now im old and slow but it can still crack on if needs be.
pod filters
jets
tec 2 into 1
remap
springs and emulators
hagons
ebc disc and steel lines
and lots of other stuff.Im going to take it to the manx this year and thrash it around the mountain(in a old and slow kind of way) cant wait.

Cheers.

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi,

I've had this 2013 Bonnie for about 2 years now. Have changed the exhaust with custom remap, and various bolt ons, different handlebars, mirrors, rear suspension, indicators. Wish I had the ability and money to be a bit more radical, but it is my go to bike and I want to keep it practical, so not sure about a tail tidy etc. Also just got a second hand BC seat but can't make my mind up on it. It's very comfortable but raises the seat height quite a lot, not sure if it looks good or too bulky.

Cheers
I was watching some IOM video today and was thinking l have to go while l'm still crazy enough to go much too fast for my own good.
Have fun and go scare yourself. The beer will taste better after.
Cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi guys. First time bike owner. When I was first getting interested I was pretty set on getting a Rebel 500. I am glad I waited and kept bike hunting.

I ended up getting a 2012 Triumph Thruxton. One of the previous owners upgraded the exhaust to an Arrow 2:1 exhaust, upgraded the front and rear turn signals, and did a tail tidy kit.

I ride with a Shoei rf1200 helmet, a Dainese leather jacket and Bilt leather gloves.

I've only ridden for ten miles on local streets just to get some practice. Next thing I'd like to do is upgrade tires and check to see if my ecu was ever flashed to match the exhaust.

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi guys. First time bike owner. When I was first getting interested I was pretty set on getting a Rebel 500. I am glad I waited and kept bike hunting.

I ended up getting a 2012 Triumph Thruxton. One of the previous owners upgraded the exhaust to an Arrow 2:1 exhaust, upgraded the front and rear turn signals, and did a tail tidy kit.

I ride with a Shoei rf1200 helmet, a Dainese leather jacket and Bilt leather gloves.

I've only ridden for ten miles on local streets just to get some practice. Next thing I'd like to do is upgrade tires and check to see if my ecu was ever flashed to match the exhaust.
Hmmm....... Thruxton verses Rebel

Me thinks you made a good choice.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm Steve from Las Vegas. My wife and I own a few bikes. 1979 Suzuki GS850G, 2005 Harley-Davidson Dyna Super Glide, 2014 Triumph Bonneville SE (mag), and a 2018 Harley-Davidson Freewheeler. I work for Harley-Davidson but I cut my teeth on old vintage Japanese bikes. My wife and I have both wrecked her Bonneville and she no longer wants to ride it. We are in the market for a new bike for her. I love how quick and nimble the mag is and would like to strip it down and make it into an absolute street ripper. As I spend most of my time with H-D, my triumph knowledge is minimal. So I'm here to see what I don't know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello - New to the Group - Have some Questions

Hello everyone! I got my first Triumph, a 2004 Thruxton on July 2018. I've been riding it almost everyday since. It's currently in the shop from a low side into a curb from avoiding a truck that thought they could make a turn in front of me. I walked away with a banged up shoulder but my poor bike took most of the damage. It has a softball sized hole in the engine case, scratched up mufflers, and two broken pegs. I can't wait to get it back.

Does anyone know how to tell, without having to purchase and return every Triumph part, which parts fit from newer or older models?

Do 2009 Thruxton foot pegs fit a 2004?

Sorry if this is covered. Point me in the right direction at least, please.

Hope everyone is well and riding safe.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Good morning everyone. I'm picking up my first British bike for over 35 years (a 900 Thruxton) next week. I was looking at Bonnevilles, but the Thruxty came up at a good price so I took the plunge and it will soon be sitting alongside my Aprilia Tuono V4 and my old Honda CB550F in the garage. I'll post up some pictures when I go to collect it. BTW in case you were wondering, the last British bike I owned was a Beezer Bantam. I just hope the Thruxton proves to be more reliable! :D

1701 - 1720 of 1729 Posts