Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1681 - 1700 of 1738 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks doc...nice to meet you as well.

These pages have already hopefully helped my charging issue..just waiting for a new mosfit RR to see if it’s the issue.

Yeah the front end is from a Suzuki GSXR 750

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hello everyone,my name is Tommy,I'm Croatian but I live in Italy and I'm Italian citizen too.I ride Bonneville SE 2011 bike bought In 2014 and made 40.000km(about 26k miles)This is me

Inviato dal mio HUAWEI VNS-L31 utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey All. New to the group. Recently picked up my first trumpet, a 2015 Scrambler 900. I purchased it in San Clemente and rode it up Hwy 1 back to Santa Cruz. Last week I installed a TEC rear rack and a cargo net and took it down to Big Sur for a camping/spearfishing trip. Loving it so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Howdy fellow air-cooled twin owners!

Hey guys! New to the forum but have been reading and learning a lot since I purchased my first Bonne back in February. I got myself a 2013 Triumph Bonneville (mag wheel se) in black, and have been loving nearly every bit of it. I just recently replaced the exhausts with EMGO brand, after replacing the inner packing with more quality and quantity. Nice to wake her up a bit. Currently I am having an issue trying to find a way to change the stock mirrors on the mag wheel model while using the same mounts... it's been a bit a nightmare. I will get into that more when I am able to take some pictures in the next few days. Anyone who has a mag wheel model from like 2013 to 2015 (or something like that; only a couple years) will know my strife.

Anyway, looking forward to learning more and having this resource at my fingertips. Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey guys, posted over on the intro forum as well but I'm the new owner of an '06 Bonne which will be my commuter while the other projects are apart (always). I'm trying to keep this one from turning into a big project but as always, the gears are turning and I'm already making some changes. Here it is the day I brought it home, the seat (British Customs) and pipe (D&D 2-1) and clubmans (Lossa Engineering) are all coming off or have already been removed, so keep an eye in the classifieds. When I have enough posts I'll be selling these parts and some others (brand new RSD Boss seat too).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
I want to introduce myself, my name is Dave, I live in Ann Arbor, MI. I (finally) got another Bonneville, a 2006 T100, in August with about 10K miles. I used to own a 2002 Bonnie Black and rode it for a couple of years, then ended up getting a BMW 1150R before quitting riding for about a decade. I had been looking for a T100 for a few months this summer and finally found a Creamsicle T100 local to me. I went and checked it out, then picked it up a couple of weeks later over Labor Day weekend. It came with BellaCorse Superbars and black number plates instead of side covers, and has (I think) NH Togas, and the previous owner included the original handlebars and side covers. When I picked it up I made it as far as the first right hand turn and promptly dropped it before I made it around the corner; I was able to set it down okay but broke half of the brake lever off and bruised my ego, but I picked it back up and rode the 45 miles back home. It was the first time I had been on a bike in almost 10 years and it was awesome! When I got home I started looking it over, and when I took the seat off I found a PROCOM Igniter. I have replaced the brake lever, and added a grab bar, a NH center stand and a classic seat. I have been riding it as much as humanly possible. I love it. I am grateful that this forum exists, I used it in extensively in 2003 when I had my Bonnie Black and I learned how to maintain my bike from this forum. Thanks for reading this!

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello all from sunny Florida in the USA. In the year I have owned my 2009 Bonneville I've come across this site a few times researching issues and such about my bike and I finally decided to register. I'm not sure if it's allowed to make my own thread thanking the folks on this site that have made many of the posts that have helped me but I'd still like to say thanks to you guys for having such a helpful and insightful forum. Anyway, enough of this mushy grateful spiel, here's my bike!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
^^^ Welcome Squid; nice photo of your mag-wheel. I'm thinking of changing my mufflers; what can you share about yours? Brand, sound, quality?

·
Registered
24 Posts
^^^ Welcome Squid; nice photo of your mag-wheel. I'm thinking of changing my mufflers; what can you share about yours? Brand, sound, quality?
Thanks for the compliment, They are D&D but it is the full exhaust, they are on the loud side but sound really good. As for quality, they are pretty good. I bought the bike a year and a half ago from a friend of mine who upgraded and the exhaust system was already on there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
New Bike New Member 2015 T100 Black

Greetings All,

Recently sold my zx10 to upgrade to a bonnie! Picked up a 2015 T100 Black with 1500 miles this weekend. It came with (ugly) nice triumph side bags that I immediately removed.

I am looking forward to doing some modifications over time after I get some miles in. Would like to turn it into a Street Tracker / Brat looking style and keep the ability for occasional two-up riding with my wife.

Any suggestions are welcome to help me achieve the look I am going for. First to go will be the handlebars!

Thanks,
Cody

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Nice bike! I've got a T100 Black in a 2016.

I agree with you on the saddlebags.

What are you thinking on handlebars?

Sslots

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks, yours too!

Haven't settled yet. Still been shopping around. I like the Mule Tracker handlebars from British Customs or the LSL flat track bars.

·
Registered
33 Posts
the Mule Tracker handlebars from British Customs
These are what I was planning on going with, though I believe we'd need longer cables to make it work. Turns $140 handle bars into $350 handle bars, unless the prices for control cables I'm seeing are over priced.

·
Registered
338 Posts
These are what I was planning on going with, though I believe we'd need longer cables to make it work. Turns $140 handle bars into $350 handle bars, unless the prices for control cables I'm seeing are over priced.
I dunno, it seems the OEM's might make it. I like the looks of them

·
Registered
11 Posts
Heyo!

I bought a 2009 Bonneville SE in September. I'm the second owner. I've been grateful to find a fair bit of good info in this forum.

So far it's been a fun bike. More fun after having its 18k service as, in the words of the guy who did the service, "the throttle body was way wrong." Which explains why it was so twitchy in 1st and 2nd gear. Rides super smooth now.

What else ... I live in Portland, OR. And this is the first time in 27 years that I've been riding with any regularity.

So ... hello!

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
New Project

Hi all. Just finished a 6 month project on an '08 T100. Was going for the flat track/scrambler/stripped down look, but practical to ride. Have attached some photos and can elaborate if any interest.

Cheers,

Nick.

Attachments

1681 - 1700 of 1738 Posts