Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Fellow Trumphers,

Back on the bike after a 5 year beak. Recently moved to Clearwater Florida. Was bored out of my skull and hence needed a spirit lifter - T595 did the trick. Have had some major issues with my Daytona since it was neglected by the previous owners. Work in progress !

Just wanted to introduce myself and reach out and connect with local riders. Please drop me a message if you are on the west coast of Florida. let's ride!

Link to some pics: http://picasaweb.google.com/mannatu...authkey=Gv1sRgCPS5qcDonrXy_QE&feat=directlink

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
Chanman, Welcome to the forum.

Same story for my '98...Army base rat so several owners who either 'improved' or neglected it.

Brad

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Bike just stalled at the toll both right on Skyway Bridge and refused to start - was stranded for 5 hours till 1:00 am there. I know that the bike needed some serious working and a good tune up but not like dead in the water.

Some of things that I did

1. Changed the fuel filter
2. Recall - replaced the fuel delivery snap ons
3. Oil and Oil filter change
4. Drained the radiator - mud water
5. Flushed both the brake - reservoir and the calipers.
6. Lubed and adjusted the brake/clutch cables
7. Suspension tuned
8. Sparks changed - gaped and indexed
9. Flashed the ECU
10. 2 new tires
11. New Chain and Sprocket
12. The RAM air duct was not connected and neither the air box was correctly aligned to the throttle bodies.
13. Air intake were black as black can be

Still the bike does not sound or perform where it needs to be. This will involve a better exhaust system and right Tune on the fuel management system. Also the turn signals are all messed up - keep blowing out the fuses.

Other than that the bike is great!

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
Chanman, Unless you put model and year of your T595 into your profile we'll have a bit of trouble helping in the future.

One tip for any of the Sagem ECU'd Daytonas is to keep the battery charged. It is a power hungry processor and it may just save a fragged sprag clutch. As far as the stalling when hot, check the crankshaft position sensor located under the clutch cover. It should have a 1 mm gap to the toothed gear and read ~1300 ohms. For some reason the engine will start okay when cold and run fine until either shut off or stalls.

Brad

1 - 5 of 5 Posts