Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, after a few minor issues...here she is and here I am. I'm an artist, designer and Tiki Carver from Carlsbad, CA...and here is my new 2007 Scrambler with a bonnie t100 tank to finish off the look I was going for to start with....

[ This message was edited by: Clysdale on 2007-03-05 08:55 ]

·
Registered
300 Posts
JeezusPhuck'n Christo, that bad boy is sexy, classy, sanitary,
and with just enough 'tude as to bring THIS street bike enthusiast
to his knees.

Beautiful!

Suddenly a typically British cross-over bike, has crossed over
to Italian sexiness reminiscent of the
John Player Lotus Europa Special.

Gorgeous.

Welcome to The machine!

(Whoa, phreaky popzs DUDE! Very cool....!)

[ This message was edited by: Olderyoungster on 2007-03-05 09:33 ]

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
On 2007-03-05 09:31, Olderyoungster wrote:
JeezusPhuck'n Christo, that bad boy is sexy, classy, sanitary,
and with just enough 'tude as to bring THIS street bike enthusiast
to his knees.
Well put. I agree.

The T100 tank looks F-in awesome with the black motor.

[ This message was edited by: sweatmachine on 2007-03-05 09:34 ]

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Clysdale,

That's the best looking Scrambler I've seen yet! :upthumb:

I started out looking at the Scrambler when it was first released. But I fell in love with the paint scheme of a T100. Looks like you came up with the best of both models.
I checked out your online art galleries last night... really cool stuff! It's gonna be nice having a new member with your talent and creativity!!! :-D

·
Registered
224 Posts
Now THATS what a Scrambler should look like!
Now ditch those lollipop mirrors and get lower bars and prepare to be hassled every time you try and stop for gas.
:-D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the comments guys....I fell in love with the scrambler and just always pictured it looking like this and when I saw the black engine and the bonnie tank, it was time to pick one up. Thanks to the guys at North county Yamaha for taking care of me and stepping up to fix a few issues. I've been lurking for a while but now can actually post and not feel like a wanna be...well not as much of a wanna be. :wink:

I've been ordered not to paint on the bike so I guess I'll have to put some artwork on the helmet then!

...and yes the mirrors are next to get removed :hammer:

·
Registered
61 Posts
hi
thats the way to do it , looks really good.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Triumph: Build this bike! Welcome and thanks!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey Craig!

I had to order the tank seperate and then have it installed when in showed up. They were a bit skeptical about how it would look until they saw the finished product and understood why I had to have it that way....

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
I recently read a Scrambler review that suggested using"...an engine from a Thruxton or Bonneville insurance write-off" for the extra 360 degree power the writer felt was needed to make it a more enjoyable ride.

Since Clysdale has shown the success of cross-pollinating these two bikes, I'm wondering if an engine swap like this will be coming up soon.

A black scrambler with a hot engine could be the bike of my dreams!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
On 2007-03-05 18:42, Panthermark wrote:
That looks real nice.

It somehow reminds me of a classic foreign police bike....something that has been restored.

hmmmm.....the police bike image is great....wonder what I could get away with in terms of lights, badges and sirens.....and cuffs.....and a billy club.....and a stripper pole....and....um... :-D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts