Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy, just picked up my first Triumph yesterday (and about #6 in the stable), a used 06 T100 with 670 miles on it, in the creamsicle color. Love it! Have a few questions:

1. I washed the bike first thing since it had a layer of dust on it from the original owners garage. After that the dash idiot lights and tach got intermittent, mostly not working. Removed the tach/speedo and unplugged the electrical cable going into the headlight and found water had run down the cable and gotten into the connector and caused the issue. Seems like poor waterproof design, couldn't really figure out how to make it more waterproof so just re-taped the wiring all up good and re-assembled. Any suggestions?

2. The bike came with D&D slip-ons (rejetted too) and although it sounds OK and I'm sure the performance is better, I'd like the traditional peashooter look, without the stock restriction. What aftermarket exhaust with the peashooter look has good performance, maybe equal that of the D&D?

3. Since the color is tangerine/cream, I was wondering if the 09 anniversary colors are the same so I can see about getting a front/rear fender from that model with the tangerine stripe down the middle. Anyone know if the tangerine and white colors are the same as the 06 creamsicle ones?

Thanks!

Jerry

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Jim! Nice to see a fellow advrider + GS owner over here with a Brit twin. Poor adventure isn't getting much ride time with the new T100 in the stable! :D

British Customs Sleepers. I love mine. Free flowing exhaust with old-school look.

http://www.british-customs.com/british-customs-triumph-bonneville-t100-sleeper-silencers.html

Compared to what else is out there, it's worth every penny.
So how's the sound on these? The only things I have to compare to so far are stock, the D&D's, and TOR.

Sanata Cruz, eh? Headin' down to Laguna for Moto GP?

Jerry

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have two creamsicles and a 50th Anniversary Bonnie. The oranges on the two bikes are different, and the Five Oh has a light blue field, not white. As far as I know there are no tangerine/opal 09's.

Dick
Thanks Dick, I stopped by the local Triumph dealer yesterday afternoon on the way home and asked about the color thing, and he straightened me out. Blue must be really light, looks like white/opal in the pics online. Guess I'll have to find a paint shop to do some matching tangerine/gold stripes on the fenders for me.

Ever see the side covers painted opal to match? Sometimes I think the stock black ones look out of place. Is there history there I don't know about?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.