Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is Triumph going to have a set up at the Cycle World International Bike Show this winter? I am going down to the Chicago show in a few weeks and was wondering if I will get to see a Triumph display. I know last year was the first year they had NO presence whatsoever. Hope they are there. When I brought my Trophy in O2 the bike show was a big reason I did, especially after talking with the Triumph reps and slinging a leg over the big 1200.

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
They will not be there. Triumph has chosen not to participate the last couple of years. There might be an individual dealer there showing some bikes, but no factory presence.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm not going, and their non-attendance is one of the reasons why. The story I got from a Triumph dealer is that the shows cost them a little over $1 million for the season, and they feel that's better spent on supplying demo bikes, organizing local events at dealers, etc. I think they're crazy - the shows are where I've first seen the bikes I've bought in a couple cases (including my Trophy). KTM (of which I also own a model) won't be there either.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's too bad. Maybe the factory is using the money to develop a great sport tourer in the lineage of the great Trophy we are fortunate to own. Wishful thinking, I know.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Do the math. How many bikes do they need to sell to pay for the road trip?
<BR>I won't be going either, they're turning into vender flea markets.
<BR>I think it's crazy to pay 50-75(3 tickets, parking, gas, food etc.) dollars to go see if I might want to buy something. The entertainment value just isn't there.

[ This message was edited by: narrowminded on 2007-01-24 03:57 ]

·
Registered
231 Posts
We go every year. If I wasn't going with a group of buddy's...I wouldn't go. It will be interesting to swing a leg over the Connie 14 , the KLR and hopefully the Guzzi Norge.

BMW should have it's new line of singles as well.
We get in and get out as far as the show goes. It's always cold and we usually have snow on the ground the 2nd week of Feb. It's a good excuse to hit the Texas Roadhouse for beers and grub with Da Boyzz on the way home.

Cheer's,
Tom.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts