Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Speed Triple that is currently experiencing intermittent idle drops. I do a lot of city riding and find that when stopping for a light, my bike will occasionally idle at 6-8 (hundred), sometimes stalling. I can usually get it up to 11-12 by blipping the throttle a few times, if I catch it before it stalls. I haven't been able to find any specific causes for this via a forum search. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had that issue before when I first purchased my S3. Turned out to be a loose IACV. I doubt it's a common issue, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to check.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Had a similar problem with an aftermarket air filter. After about a 1000 mls from fitting the bikes idle became erratic - finally found the filter had started to come apart where the rubber outer edge met the filter itself. Put the old one back in and all was good again.

Rob.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Similar story to 1050rob. Pipercross air-filter deformed and not sealing properly. Bought and OEM filter and problem solved.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. Will investigate. My filter is stock, but should def be replaced. Lots of particulate matter in the city air to clog it up. Could be that as well. Will check IACV while tank is off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts