Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I started this thread in the Twins Hangout concerning using Easy Brackets or Ghost Brackets on the standard Bonneville. These are quick release saddlebag mounting systems. The attraction is that with these systems you can remove your saddlebags and the bike looks stock, without an unsightly saddlebag rail sittin' there. Motoleather's website advertises that the Ghost Brackets work on the Bonneville, and even pictures a standard Bonnie.

Well, after some appreciated skepticism from ggRAT, I called Alex at CAO Distributing, which is the company that recently bought the Ghost Bracket patent. CAO confirmed that the current Ghost Brackets require a fender rail, which our standard Bonnies do not have. Consequently, the Ghost Brackets in their current incarnation will not work on a standard Bonnie. Alex, however, was very helpful, and said that CAO would love to find a way to make a quick-release system work on the standard Bonnie. I told him that I suspected that there would be a lot of interest in such a system, and I mentioned this forum. He said that if there is enough interest among Bonneville owners, CAO would try to come up with a quick-release system for our bikes.

If you would be interested in a quick-release saddlebag system for the Bonneville that would maintain the stock look of the bike when the bags aren't mounted, please respond to this thread. And given the brain power on this site, if you have any ideas about how such a system might work, please pipe up.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I am trying to get the bonnie set up for a commute bike come Spring or Summer. I am looking at the Hepco/Becker mounts with the Leatherworks bags (Fatrat, SCCTrim) but would rather use a system like the Ghost Brackets if it were available for the bonnies.

Good luck with the project and thanks for your work on this.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I would be interested in a system that would allow the saddlebags to be removed. I had a set of the Triumph Panniers on my 2001 and loved the storage capacity of them but thought they did nothing to enhance the appearance of the bike.

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
I just bought a set of used Easy Brackets and intend to design
and build my own mounting system... regardless, it would be GREAT to see
Easy Brackets and/or Ghost Brackets respond the obvious need of
Bonneville/T100/Thruxton owners - worldwide - to be able to buy a well engineered, aesthetically pleasing, sturdily built and user-friendly removable luggage system...

...designed and engineered so that when the bags aren’t mounted, looks about as close to invisible as possible...

Cheers,

D9

·
Registered
68 Posts
I was looking into the Ghost Brackets last year when they told me they cant fit the bonnie/t100 etc.
IF you like the look of the leatherlyke bags take a good look at them as their brackets are pretty inconspicous without the bags on and they NEED the triumph grab rail to be on.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I've been screwin' around with every which way of getting decent bags on my bonnie for 3 years. Fabricated stuff, bought stuff, jury rigged. Conclusion: go the distance and buy the Hepco's...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts