Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys think this would fit on a thruxton r?
It's an integrated throttle/switches unit.
We already know thruxton has the ducati throttle unit so that should be a direct swap.
The switch panel on the thruxton has the hazard lights and the on/off/start rocker. I'm thinking that could be mapped to the 3 buttons on this ducati unit with some creative wiring.
Are there any "brains" in the thruxton switch panel that would prevent this?

https://www.motomillion.com/products/ducabike-gas-control-right-hand-switch-panel-for-panigale-v4-v4s-v4r-speciale?variant=14097085726786

·
Registered
118 Posts
Oh, great! Please post details :D
On the site for the company that produces it, they claim it's plug and play. So assuming the "plug" part is identical, it might be an easy install. But, the Ducati has different start/stop controls that includes a DPL (Ducati Power Launch) button. I'd assume that we've have to use the DPL button for the hazards. Maybe we get lucky and it all just works. :wink2:

I also assume that it uses the stock throttle sleeve. Would be nice to place the cheap plastic thing with a nice one made of aluminum, but I haven't found any yet that would work.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On the site for the company that produces it, they claim it's plug and play. So assuming the "plug" part is identical, it might be an easy install. But, the Ducati has different start/stop controls that includes a DPL (Ducati Power Launch) button. I'd assume that we've have to use the DPL button for the hazards. Maybe we get lucky and it all just works. :wink2:

I also assume that it uses the stock throttle sleeve. Would be nice to place the cheap plastic thing with a nice one made of aluminum, but I haven't found any yet that would work.
Yeah, that was my idea as well, just use the DPL button for the hazards. Did you check if the connectors are the same? (shape-wise)

I first saw this unit on youtube, chaseon2wheels channel, 959 rebuild series. I believe they reused the stock throttle.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yeah, that was my idea as well, just use the DPL button for the hazards. Did you check if the connectors are the same? (shape-wise)

I first saw this unit on youtube, chaseon2wheels channel, 959 rebuild series. I believe they reused the stock throttle.
I don't have it yet, I'll take some pics of the connectors when I do.

I found a throttle sleeve that should work is partially made of aluminum. Looks better quality than the plastic stock sleeve and it also doesn't have the ridges it and the lip at the end, so should be easier to install grips.

https://www.designcorse.com/products/ducati-hypermotard-monster-1200-throttle-control-tube-rbw

1 - 9 of 9 Posts