Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im having trouble deciding on a fender elminator kit for my 2007 speed triple would it better just to go with a integrated tailight and a licence plate bracket for about $170 or this Mad doctor kit which is about $240 which i think looks better, but can anyone really tell me if the mad doctor kit is worth it?? is it me, or does it seem over priced?

·
Banned
557 Posts
Dude I'm not TRYING to be a dickk but have you did a search for the Mad Dr kit in here? It is THE biggest piece of crap. I had 3 of them on my 2007 S3, one after another replaced....they are crap, fall apart, condensation behind the lenses and, MOST importantly, take it from me, people behind you can't see the signals nor the brake light. Standing next to it in my garage it looked BRIGHT...but they suck!

·
Registered
360 Posts
weird...had mine on shortly after they were available here in the US (or to be specific, the very day they appeared as available from the 'British-customs.com' website I ordered it immediately, they informed me about the moditication to the harness and it was a relatively straightforward plug and go with the stock harness. Wrap things up and tuck 'em in and ta-da..and have had not a single issue with mine, works without issue, bright and visible, never had water, condensation or fogging up issues whatsoever but then again the first thing I did was apply some outdoor silicone sealer I had laying about from the home depot about the obvious places and ta-da...$2.84 later it's been in issue free working order since early '07.

I have ridden in the wet although admittedly not deliberately or frequently..just if I get caught in inclement weather while already out...had the skunk stripe lots of times over the past few years and my MadDoctor kit has given me no issues whatever. Did use nut and bolt set from home depot to secure light unit to subframe as the kit did not have anything to do so...that cost me an additional $1.98 plus tax...the [email protected][email protected]!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have no experience with the Mad Doctor kit. My Custom Dynamics integrated taillight looks great, works great, and cost about $100. Fabricated the license plate bracket (with LED bolts from CD). The integrated light looks OEM.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Im having trouble deciding on a fender elminator kit for my 2007 speed triple would it better just to go with a integrated tailight and a licence plate bracket for about $170 or this Mad doctor kit which is about $240 which i think looks better, but can anyone really tell me if the mad doctor kit is worth it?? is it me, or does it seem over priced?
it matters what look you want to go with....do you have dual exhaust or gp? i would go integrated with bracket from British Customs if you have duals and if you have GP go Mad doctor. As far as quality goes the mad doctor is plastic housing with LED signals, it is a great kit i would go with BC if you have any problems with it cuz they will warrenty it right away.....and for the BC FEK is really nice with the durable plate bracket and integrated tailight. it all matters on how much you want to spend and the look you want

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have had two Mad Dr. kits on my 07 Triple and have had no issues with either. I broke the first accidentally, which is why I had to replace it. I think they look slick and have had friends comment that they are terribly visible on the road. I have had no issues with condensation even with the Wisconsin winters. I have seen others that seem to fit up better, but I personally like the overall look of the Mad Dr. I will admit that they are a bit pricey though. The silicone mentioned earlier does not seem like a bad and cheap idea, just don't goop that crap on. word!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
The kit seems a little cheaply made for the price. People behind me have a hard time seeing signals (as told to me my other riders and a cop). Better kits are on the market and I will save up to replace my mad dr kit with a better one (08 S3)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts