Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Ive always used {Progressive}
in Washington we don't have to have any at all unless the bank has the title, but i have my bike fully insured by blue book price .(replacement )
if the bikes are to old then just the minimum.
there's all ways someone who don't see you.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Lots of threads on this you might want to run a search on.

Best advice I can give is to pay attention to replies from guys in your area.

Up here Progressive is dirt cheap and a quality policy. Elsewhere they aren't even competative.

Depends on where you live, how old you are, what type of bike you own and how the company or agent felt when he got out of bed that morning.

Main thing is to look at all options available in your area. Some say that buying it over the internet is cheaper, but that is NOT always the case. The internet sales are priced at an average and were, up here again, much higher than buying the same policy from the same company from a local agent.

Finally, ask other riders where you live what they have, what they pay and how satisfied they are.

Monte :cool:

·
Registered
496 Posts
I am using Progressive and full coverage for mine is about $80 for the entire year. I don't think that's too bad.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
I too have Progressive, at $135 a year, this is for full coverage. Not just Pa's state minimum of 10/25/30 (I think).

My agent is from Central Florida, I'm 55 and ride a Bonnie not a Deathabusa.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I see there is a Harley in the family.Try to take advantage of harley davidson insurance. hog members get a discount. the fee to belong to HOG is a lot less than what you will save on the insurance policy. My policy is Dairyland thru H.D. insurance and i save a bundle on the 3 bikes.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the feedback everyone. I set up a policy with Progressive at a rate of over $700/year...and that is baseline insured. I guess it has some do to with age, as i'm only 26...thats what they say anyways, who knows. Both my parents are with Progressive and both pay around $300/year.

WEAK.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Progressive wanted an arm and a leg here in NM as well. I have never liked GEICO all that much, but man they have some cheap policies, and might be able to save you a little money over just going with Progressive.

Nathan

·
Registered
683 Posts
On 2007-01-22 12:47, GrayMitchell wrote:
Thanks for all the feedback everyone. I set up a policy with Progressive at a rate of over $700/year...and that is baseline insured. I guess it has some do to with age, as i'm only 26...thats what they say anyways, who knows. Both my parents are with Progressive and both pay around $300/year.

WEAK.
Age, and possibly location....isn't Newnan considerred Atlanta area ?

·
Registered
985 Posts
On 2007-01-22 00:07, GrayMitchell wrote:
I just got my new '07 T100, any suggestions for affordable motorcycle insurance???
Gray, check with ANPAC (which I have and really like), Diarymen and Sentry. SC has some.. ahem.. "interesting" insurance pricing. These three were the most competitively priced.. ANPAC has a really comprehensive package for their motorcycle policy.

·
Banned
774 Posts
Forget AAA. My Bonny costs $600.00 for pretty good coverage. But to add my wifes Grand Dink(remember it's a 250cc scooter)they want $1600.00 a year. Yes more than triple!Of course this is California where the State tries to f**k with everything they can including insurance. :mad:

·
Registered
173 Posts
I am not sure about GA, but I am a State Farm Agent in IN. If you have your car with SF, your age will have nothing to do with your motorcycle policy with us. It is based on an over 25 year old rating.

My '05 Bonnie is insured at nearly our highest liability limits ($250k / $500k) with a $100 deductible on comprehensive and a $500 deductible on collision and my rates are $388 / year.

Contrary to popular belief, agents do not get any kind of break on their rates.

You might contact an agent there to see what the rates are in your area.

·
Registered
55 Posts
GrayMitchell,

I added the 2003 T100 Bonneville to an existing 2000 Electraglide H-D Policy through "Dairyland".

My annual policy increased $44.00 to add the Bonnie.

Their initial quote to add the Bonnie was quite higher, but I advised them I could only ride one bike at a time, and they requoted.

Best regards,

Barry

1 - 13 of 13 Posts